cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freecreditreport.com new FICO score - Is it for real?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Freecreditreport.com new FICO score - Is it for real?

Hey Folks,

So I just logged into my account at Freecreditreport and it said I had been upgraded and the new account I have gives a genuine FICO score

every time I check my credit.

Does anyone know how accurate this is?

H.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Freecreditreport.com new FICO score - Is it for real?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey Folks,

So I just logged into my account at Freecreditreport and it said I had been upgraded and the new account I have gives a genuine FICO score

every time I check my credit.

H.

It's the same EX FICO 8 score offered here but I can't tell you if it's available each time you log on.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, OK. Thanks!

Message 3 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Be careful relying on a simplification such as "real".  All scores are accurate but only for their own model.  In other words, you cannot use one model to determine a score generated by a different model.  Keep in mind that there are many more than just one FICO model used by creditors.   See also the Understanding FICO Scoring subforum and its stickies.

The EX FICO 8 in this particular case can only be compared to other EX FICO 8 scores -- or one should be aware of the model differences when comparing different models.  It will not be the same as an EX FICO 8 Bankcard, other industry enhanced scores, FICO 4, FICO 98, FICO NextGen, VantageScores, TransUnion New Account scores, etc etc.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use the experian tracker discounted from 21/mo to 10/mo (reduced if you call)
and its also direct from experian. They do use Fico 08 and you can get daily
pulls. +1 to what takeshi74 said but this experian fico seems to align with Myfico score

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Takeshi.

I was simply trying to find out if it was FAKO as people say, or a genuine FICO.

I wasn't execting it to match any other score but just wanted to know if it is a decent barometer of the score

a creditor would pull as opposed to the obvious FAKO score I was getting from them before (a full 50 points higher

and way off what creditors would quote)

H.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

ppl are saying the experian Fico score for experian also match myFico experian score

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.