Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freezing Credit Report?

tag
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

Freezing Credit Report?

My father said I should "freeze" my EXP report until I get the baddie junk loaner who is lying about DOFD and DOFA off my account. I have DV the junk loan buyer, and sent a letter to EXP disputing it with all my proof etc, and it's all this waiting game now.

What does freezing EXP do? It sounds like a hassle to me, and how long does this work if I do do it? Does this means creditors can't pull this report? Sorry for so many questions.

TIA.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Freezing Credit Report?

I believe it locks out new creditors from seeing it. Existing creditors still have open access to your CR.
Message 2 of 3
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

Re: Freezing Credit Report?

Oh ok, thanks for the quick reply. I'm still guessing this would be a problem for any new creditor if they wanted to pull EXP. It's the only one I have a score with.

PS: I have to add the new crap he's done. I pulled my CR on 1/29 and it says on EXP Date account opened 6/1998 and Reported 12/31/2007! I made the mistake of calling him before I found this board, and he lied then. This gave me an instant headache again, because loan was in 1997 and DOFD was in 2000, no exact date, but my dad paid this in a settlement in 12/2000. Sorry I'm a broken record, this just burns me to no end, because we have proof of when the loan was disbursed, and when my dad paid it off in a settlement for me. Crazy!

Message Edited by braznyc on 02-01-2008 11:56 PM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.