Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freezing Reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Freezing Reports

If I freeze my reports, will I still be able to use the credit trackers? Like CCT, CK and walmart fico score? TIA

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: Freezing Reports

Yes, it should have no effect on using those services.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a freeze on all three of my reports and have the 3B Ultimate product and this time when it was time for the three reports to be retrieved FICO was unable to get my report from experian. I wish I would have know so i could have lifted the freeze for them. I am going to see if there is anything to be done now since i paid for three reports every quarter

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to unfreeze my CRs on all three CBs in order for the reports to be pulled. It was a hit and miss in the beginning, but fairly consistent now. I just unfreeze the report a day before the scheduled pull through the day after the scheduled pull to be safe.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have to unfreeze my CRs on all three CBs in order for the reports to be pulled. It was a hit and miss in the beginning, but fairly consistent now. I just unfreeze the report a day before the scheduled pull through the day after the scheduled pull to be safe.

Dont you have to pay everytime you freeze and unfreeze your repeorts? doesnt his become costly ? 

Message 5 of 7
heavyjay
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Dont you have to pay everytime you freeze and unfreeze your repeorts? doesnt his become costly ? 

It depends on what state you're in. Here in PA, it's $10.70 a pop.

FICO 08:Jan 18, 2017: EX 800 EQ 725 TU 799
FICO 08:Feb 10, 2017: EX 788 EQ 772 TU 791 (post New Year's app spree)
In the garden as of 1/4/2017. Will remain for all of 2017.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It can be... costly is relative. Smiley Wink  In some states, it absolutely free (too bad I don't live in one of those states!)

In my state, it's $3 per CB to unfreeze.  The re-freeze is automatic when the unfreeze date expires and they don't charge for that. So only the unfreeze is what costs - for me that's $9 each month.  Certainly not a cost I want to have, but since I am monitoring my CR like a hawk until I apply for a mortgage and I don't want to leave it unfrozen for the remainder of the month, it's well worth that $9 each month to me.  

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.