Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freezing my Experian?

tag
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

Freezing my Experian?

How do I freeze my Experian acct so that when I eventually apply for a Chase cc they will view my Equifax instead?

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Freezing my Experian?

What if they only look at EX?  Not all creditors look at each bureau. Or they may want to look at all 3.

http://www.experian.com/consumer/security_freeze.html

Message 2 of 3
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Re: Freezing my Experian?

@MissCredit9 wrote:

How do I freeze my Experian acct so that when I eventually apply for a Chase cc they will view my Equifax instead?

Many times, a card issuer, known to pull a specific report, will NOT go with another report.  So, your desire to have them pull Equifax could backfire.  Many on here, myself included, have frozen EX (for various reasons), then tried to either seek new credit or ask for a CLI.  No go. You'll likely get a variation on the 7-10 days message, if not an outright rejection because they can't pull the report they want to pull. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.