Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fresh start

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fresh start

hello myfico community. I've stumbled across this forum through numerous web searches. My situation at the moment needs to be handled finally after years of neglect and denial. I've realized I need to file for bankruptcy. My current debt exceeds 70k. I've burned relationships with credit one, first bank. I have a car that is up for repossession. My current credit score is 500. I do have student loan debt about 7k. Most of my debt is from Sallie Mae from a technical school that folded that reneged on its lifetime guarantee of finding graduate students a job. I've talked to a bankruptcy lawyer that said based on the school folded and not holding its agreement that debt can be removed through bankruptcy. I'm asking the my fico community to offer some pointers and steps I need to follow to get my credit back to life! I've read soulmasters guide to rebuild credit but I first need to take the bankruptcy part.. Any advice and personal experience with these situations is greatly appreciated and will be info put to good use.

Sincerely,

Coldworld

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fresh start

@Anonymous wrote:

hello myfico community. I've stumbled across this forum through numerous web searches. My situation at the moment needs to be handled finally after years of neglect and denial. I've realized I need to file for bankruptcy. My current debt exceeds 70k. I've burned relationships with credit one, first bank. I have a car that is up for repossession. My current credit score is 500. I do have student loan debt about 7k. Most of my debt is from Sallie Mae from a technical school that folded that reneged on its lifetime guarantee of finding graduate students a job. I've talked to a bankruptcy lawyer that said based on the school folded and not holding its agreement that debt can be removed through bankruptcy. I'm asking the my fico community to offer some pointers and steps I need to follow to get my credit back to life! I've read soulmasters guide to rebuild credit but I first need to take the bankruptcy part.. Any advice and personal experience with these situations is greatly appreciated and will be info put to good use.

Sincerely,

Coldworld

Welcome to the forums.  We have dedicated forums for both bankruptcy and rebuilding.  My suggestion is that you start with the bankruptcy forum as there are posters there that are very good at providing advice.  Good luck.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/bd-p/bankruptcy

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for letting me in the right direction.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for letting me in the right direction.

You're very welcome

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.