cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friend of mine- major issues, any ideas?

tag
ccsauer
Contributor

Friend of mine- major issues, any ideas?

Hey all. I have been on here correcting my stuff (as you can see from the other 2 threads I started today) and helping my sister out as well, but we have it easy compared to my friend:

She has 7 accounts, all installment, valued at over 10K.
2 are "chargeoff" accounts with zero balance
2 are "collection accounts" with around 1K on each
the rest are 3 accounts, with around 3K on each and 2 are called something like "salle mae" and the other is a student loan from her school

She's over 120 days late on all of them, since never recieving the bills since she's moved 5 times in the last 4 years. She had a kid, has hospital bills, just left the guy she had a kid with since he was an **bleep**, is finally at a job she likes, and is workign towards a future.

I would like to help her out credit-wise, but I dunno even where to start. I would try to do disputes, but how would I even do that with balances on all accounts?

She can't pay anything off, so can she do PFD at this point?

Any ideas at all???
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Friend of mine- major issues, any ideas?

ccsauer wrote:
Hey all. I have been on here correcting my stuff (as you can see from the other 2 threads I started today) and helping my sister out as well, but we have it easy compared to my friend:

She has 7 accounts, all installment, valued at over 10K.
2 are "chargeoff" accounts with zero balance
2 are "collection accounts" with around 1K on each
the rest are 3 accounts, with around 3K on each and 2 are called something like "salle mae" and the other is a student loan from her school

She's over 120 days late on all of them, since never recieving the bills since she's moved 5 times in the last 4 years. She had a kid, has hospital bills, just left the guy she had a kid with since he was an **bleep**, is finally at a job she likes, and is workign towards a future.

I would like to help her out credit-wise, but I dunno even where to start. I would try to do disputes, but how would I even do that with balances on all accounts?

She can't pay anything off, so can she do PFD at this point?

Any ideas at all???

Hi CC, to begin with I can not help with sally May   someone else needs to do that.
I will tell you my opinion.

We need more info. on all accounts. What they are   what dates CO (charged off) what accounts are with CA (collection agency)  all info. is on her CR.

If say a CC was CO and sent to a CA it might be listed on CR by both.

List everything  with all dates.
Also know what your state SOL is.  This only has to due with when a debtor can file suit.

have you read the threads by TUSCANI??  they are full of info.

also read thread by NOAH.  this is the difference between federal & state law

state laws:

The starting place would be with disputing with CRAs. all at 1 time.
and then go from there.

PFD  means pay for delete.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.