Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frozen credit reports

tag
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

Frozen credit reports

Ive had all my reports frozen for like a year or so and im thinking of unfreezing them .. anyone just keep their reports frozen ?

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Frozen credit reports

What was your reason for freeing, and does that reason still apply?

Message 2 of 6
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

after the target incident even though i wasnt affected .. just did it as a precaution with all these hacks from home depot / target etc 

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 3 of 6
avggoal700
Frequent Contributor

Last app was almost 2 years ago.  Froze all 3 and no plans to unfreeze.  Want a Amex but gotta get utl % way down first.  

EX 706. TU 705 EQ 682. Avg 698
Message 4 of 6
Blodreina
Established Contributor

I keep mine frozen.  While identity theft is unlikely, it can be devastating and difficult to correct when it happens; might as well play it safe.

Message 5 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@darkfrosty wrote:

Ive had all my reports frozen for like a year or so and im thinking of unfreezing them .. anyone just keep their reports frozen ?

Some do, some don't.  You can't just poll and folllow the herd to make your decision.  Use your needs, wants, goals, priorities, preferences, etc to determine which option is best for you.

@darkfrosty wrote:

after the target incident even though i wasnt affected .. just did it as a precaution with all these hacks from home depot / target etc 

These things can happen any time.  If you want to prevent then you can't just react after you hear about a breach.  Your call to make.  I don't freeze mine and instead regularly review reports and monitor all accounts.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.