Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated with Equifax

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Frustrated with Equifax

I can never pull my free equifax CR for some reason.  So, I tried to purchase the report and I kept getting kicked off of their website. Every time I returned, they asked for a different price.  First $9, then $11, and now $10.50. The site is encrypted so it's not fraud.  It won't take my information whatsoever.  I learned from quizzle that Eq is reporting some duplicates, not updating card balance (saying I'm over limit when the card is paid off, other than today when I purchased lunch!), and saying I have an unpaid judgment, which is paid (and showing on both TU/EX).  I'm so frustrated because EQ isn't even giving me a chance to purchase the report.  

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RecoveredDebtaholic
New Contributor

Re: Frustrated with Equifax

I too am frustrated with EQ, The only way I have been able to see my report is claiming a credit denial and then only the online version of my file when I just want it mailed, they have been unresponsive to annual credit report requests two years in a row in my case.
TU FICO 10/2/14 826
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recovered, at least I am not the only one.  I'm going to try and figure this out again.  Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 8
Involver
Valued Contributor

Submit a complaint through the CFPB. They will listen.
Message 4 of 8
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

I find Equifax to be the worst of the big three by far.they refuse to give you a credit report unless you buy their product,and if they do give you free report you have to jump thru an lot of hoops.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ugh, I agree!!  I don't think I've actually looked at my Eq before because it is so hard to get. So, I tried the live chat option where the guy told me that I've already received my free report.  I said, I tried to get it but it told me I was not verified. He gave me a 12 digit number, when Eq states I need a 10 digit number.  That was a fail.  So then I called and spoke to someone with a thick accent who kept yawning, like I didn't matter.  I ended up finally after 20 minutes getting my report confirmation online.  My disputes are in!  Thank God I checked because there were so many discrepancies, including my birthday being wrong.  The hoops I had to go through, aggghhh!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank-you! I didn't know they existed. My complaint is in.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax Strikes 5 Times

I posted earlier about Equifax. I am beyond frustrated now.  They charged my card 5 times and refused to refund me.  I finally got my report, so 4/5 charges are phony.  I tried disputing all of the errors (My report is a mess with them! Even my birthday is wrong.) Now I receive an e-mail that says within 24 hours I must fax my ssn, id, and proof of address or they will not dispute my items.  WHAT?!  No.  I will not send this very important info over a fax.  TU and EX have never made me do this.  I do not trust Equifax in the slightest.  They hold 1/3 of my eligibility for credit, loans, etc. and I can't even get my report fixed.  I have reported their tactics to the C.F.P.B., so I will be waiting on information from them.  What do I do?!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.