Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Frustrated!!!

I was hoping that someone on here might have experienced what I am experiencing in improving my credit score.  I am determined!

Here is what has been happening to my credit score which I monitor on a daily basis.  Back in August I pulled my 3 credit reports and scores in order for me to dispute things on there that I knew were too old to be on there or contained inaccurate information.  My scores at the time were:  TU-598 EX-586 EQ-515.  I began disputes with all three bureaus of things I knew were old and inaccurate.  I did not dispute items that I knew were about to fall of in the next month or two.  The dispute was completed and my scores with transunion dropped a little but are now back up were they were at 598 (and at some points 621).  With Experian they have increased to 621 which I am very happy with.  Equifax is the one that has me frustrated because it went up for a bit like the others did when the foreclosure fell off those two credit bureaus reports.  But when the foreclosure fell off on equifax my score dropped by 71 points instead of increase like the others did.  The bureaus all took off certain items I was disputing but not all of them took off the same items which is frustrating.  There was a car loan that was in collection that I didn't dispute and TU and EX took it off with out my disputing but EQ did not and shows it in collection.  So I was hoping someone knew why my credit score with EQ is so different from the others.  Right now they are TU - 598 EX - 597 EQ - 512. I have two revolving credit cards that I pay on time every month and a car loan that I pay on time every month and have never been late on a payment with these accounts since I have had them.  I was so excited about getting into the 600's and now I feel like I'm back to square one because I understand that Equifax is the bureau most used.  I am determined to get back on my feet again and be able to qualify for a mortgage in the next year and a half.  I'm afraid that at this rate I will never get to the 700's.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Frustrated!!!

We would need to know more info to really help, but here is my guess....

BUCKET...

There are "credit buckets" you get lumped into...  Kind of like risk categories along the lines of what insurance companies do to a degree.

So, say you have an old foreclosure but have decent payment since then.....  You might say have a mid 600 score. 

then say the old foreclosure drops off.  Now you get moved inot a different  "bucket" of people without foreclosures but similiar length histories.  But... you take a hit when the foreclosure drops probably due to average age of accounts, and you are now being compared maybe to peopl whit longer positive histories, maybe better utilizations, etc being in the higher "bucket".  So, within that bucket you are more of a risk than when they thought of you as a recovering foreclosure.  Now you are just an average person with mediocre history...etc...

It is messed up and I am not sure there are any straight answers.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Frustrated!!!

EQ is tough.  I don't know why.  I have 733 TU and 698 EQ and it has not changed in a year.  I have BK from '99 and i figure they must hold baddies longer than the other CRAs,Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.