Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funny...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny...

So I received an alert saying the balance on one of my credit cards went up by 143.00. My FICO score dropped 31 points. Yes, 31 points. 3 days later I received an alert that the balance on another of my credit cards went DOWN by 4000.00. Yes, down by four thousand dollars. My FICO score went up 29 points. LOL. So, 143.00 increase = 31 point drop, 4000 DECREASE = 29 point gain. Alrighty then.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Funny...

@Anonymous wrote:

So I received an alert saying the balance on one of my credit cards went up by 143.00. My FICO score dropped 31 points. Yes, 31 points. 3 days later I received an alert that the balance on another of my credit cards went DOWN by 4000.00. Yes, down by four thousand dollars. My FICO score went up 29 points. LOL. So, 143.00 increase = 31 point drop, 4000 DECREASE = 29 point gain. Alrighty then.

It's very confusing, but the MyFICO alerts don't provide reasons for a score change.
There are certain events, such as a balance change, which trigger MyFICO alerts.
If there happens to be any difference between your present score at that particular bureau,
and the previous score reported to you from that bureau, the score change is tacked on to the alert.
There is not necessarily any connection at all between the score change and the alert substance.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 5
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

it may have to do with individual card utilization being different on those 2 cards.  If the $143 brought up the util higher than the $4000 did on the other card, I could see the small difference in scores.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks SouthJamaica. The wild discrepency certainly caught my attention.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks medicgrrl. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.