Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE now becoming Synchrony Financial

tag
zarteycranford
Regular Contributor

GE now becoming Synchrony Financial

Well here we go again GE changing names but this time it has more meaning. Synchrony financial filed for public trade 3/13/14.  I am just wondering if anyone has opinions about this matter. For me the most substantial aspect of this trade are the underwriters. Lead Underwriter Citi Financial now thats scary. Citi may end up with large shares if they fail to sell enough capital on market. Other underwriters include banks such as BOFA,Barclays,chase and a few others. So hold onto your seats this could become a bumpy ride.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GE now becoming Synchrony Financial

@zarteycranford wrote:

Well here we go again GE changing names but this time it has more meaning. Synchrony financial filed for public trade 3/13/14.  I am just wondering if anyone has opinions about this matter. For me the most substantial aspect of this trade are the underwriters. Lead Underwriter Citi Financial now thats scary. Citi may end up with large shares if they fail to sell enough capital on market. Other underwriters include banks such as BOFA,Barclays,chase and a few others. So hold onto your seats this could become a bumpy ride.

Its enough of a name change to force me to terminate my relationship with them within the next 30 days on all my accounts. I wont have any references to a financial  or finance company giving me credit on my CRs.

Message 2 of 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Gdale6.....

You referenced not wanting to have "financial" or such on your cr? Can you help me understand what that means please???
Message 3 of 7
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@zarteycranford wrote:

Again. Do we know when this is happening?

Message 4 of 7
zarteycranford
Regular Contributor

By the end of this year all transactions and changeovers are to be complete.

Message 5 of 7
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@zarteycranford wrote:

Its enough of a name change to force me to terminate my relationship with them within the next 30 days on all my accounts. I wont have any references to a financial  or finance company giving me credit on my CRs.

Seems rather extreme.  You're not willing to have a Discover Card, because on the credit report it shows as "Discover FINANCIAL Svcs" (which it does)?   

Message 6 of 7
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@zarteycranford wrote:

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/03/18/the-real-reason-behind-general-electrics-imminent.a...

Here's an interesting article about this change, from a slightly different perspective from some of the other news reports I've read.

Regarding the underwriting comment, I've not seen anything to indicate this, although according to a NASDAQ article, Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan, Citi, Morgan Stanley,  Barclays, BofA Merrill Lynch,  Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank are the joint bookrunners on the deal.  Can you cite your source on this? 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.