Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GECRB changing to SYNCB

tag
stimm32

GECRB changing to SYNCB

Hi all,
I was looking at my Credit Karma report today and noticed that when GE Capital changed their name to Synchrony Bank, they took my old GECRB account off of my report and added a new account under the name of SYNCRB. I am quite young so this hurt my average age of open accounts quite a bit. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GECRB changing to SYNCB

@stimm32 wrote:
Hi all,
I was looking at my Credit Karma report today and noticed that when GE Capital changed their name to Synchrony Bank, they took my old GECRB account off of my report and added a new account under the name of SYNCRB. I am quite young so this hurt my average age of open accounts quite a bit. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks!

Should not have: even in CK I could see that my account open date was still 1/13 which is all that matters for AAOA.

        
Message 2 of 4
stimm32

Hmmmm, it appears you're right now that I look at the desktop version. I just don't know how it could drop my score by 90 points. That is the only thing that appears to have changed. They also removed two inquiries but added them back on the same dates.

Message 3 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@stimm32 wrote:

Hmmmm, it appears you're right now that I look at the desktop version. I just don't know how it could drop my score by 90 points. That is the only thing that appears to have changed. They also removed two inquiries but added them back on the same dates.

Have to take CK with a grain of salt, or better yet just ignore all the scores there with the possible exception of the TU VantageScore 2.0.

Sounds like your data might be a little flubbed somewhere, even in the mobile app it had the correct open date for me.  Is possible that the tradeline didn't get fully updated for whatever reason initially: it's pretty common when I get a new tradeline warning in any of my monitoring solutions that the full details aren't usually fleshed out until a payment or two has occurred.

        
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.