Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEMB and GW letters

tag
scarlu
Established Member

GEMB and GW letters

I've read several of the postings regarding using GW letters to try to get derogatory information removed from credit reports.  I'm working on several now.  I've noticed that a couple of my accounts use GE Money Bank for their credit cards (Lowes, Sam's Club).  Is it OK to send a GW to each of these companies - Lowes and Sam's Club - or should we send the letters to GE Money Bank?   

Also my husband and I either had joint accounts or one of us was an authorized user on the credit card.  Can a GW letter be sent to try to get bad marks removed from both of our credit reports?  Most of our bad marks were reported Dec. 05 through Apr. 06 when we really hit rock bottom (a couple of surgeries, home repairs - we really had a rough time).  We contacted a reputable consumer credit counseling service which helped us set up a repayment plan.  We've not had any late payments since April, 2006. 

Any advice you have will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you! 

Message Edited by scarlu on 12-29-2007 06:57 PM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: GEMB and GW letters

Though all accounts are handled by GEMB each company has their setup of members work for each company. You are better to address 2 seperate letters to each company and send them. That way you are covering your base twice.
Message 2 of 5
scarlu
Established Member

Thank you!

Should we send just one letter for our other accounts where both my husband and I are listed on the accounts or should we send a GW letter for each of us regarding the same account?  Thanks!
Message 3 of 5
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Since these are joint accounts, I think it would be more valuable to send the letter from both of you and presents a single voice.
Message 4 of 5
scarlu
Established Member

Thank you very much and Happy New Year!!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.