Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOODWILL WORKS!

tag
TryingVeryHard
Frequent Contributor

GOODWILL WORKS!

I contacted a law office acting as a collector for a debt purchaser. I sent them goodwill asking to delete "PAID COLLECTION" and to convert "HARD INQUIRIES" into soft ones.

Today, I receive a letter from them certifying that the account should be deleted and that they will stop reporting it to the 3 credit bureaus. They also said that PURSUANT to 15 U.S.C. 168lb, the inquiry made by them was intended to be a soft inquiry and account review.

Now, I can send copies of this letter to all the credit bureaus and expect them to be truly deleted and converted.

Thank you guys. Good will works!

Thanks to myFICO. I wonder if this will bring me some credit points or something? The inquiries are 5 and 6 months old.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GOODWILL WORKS!

Good job-

I would wait a bit to see if it get deleted on it's own- save the letter and keep it in a safe place.

Seems they are smart enough to make you happy as they know they could be sued by you-
Message 2 of 6
missgamecock
Contributor

I'm going to try and do that to delete the hard inquiries by Nationwide!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like there is some caselaw or precedent somewhere (i'm check thru all circuits) that I haven't found yet....

Is there a white paper from FTC on this that I haven't gotten to yet?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Lady_Scarlet and others,

I have a collection of $60 (only shows on Equifax report), which was a med. bill "leftover" from 2003 and I paid it in full immediately after I learned I had it (end of 2003). I was assured by the Med. Associates (The Creditor) that it will not appear on my credit report. It sure did... it was reported to Equifax in 2004.

When I called the Creditor again I was sent to CA where they told me there is nothing they can do.
Should I try to send a GW letter as well? If yes, who should I address it to: the CA or the Creditor? Should I mention that it only shows on Equifax? I've never done this before and I'm about to apply for a mortgage: please help with advise!
I'd appreciate any suggestions and possibly letter templates. Thanks a lot!
Message 5 of 6
Bop
Valued Member

Jenay

Go to http://www.equifax.com/online-credit-dispute/ and follow  the online dispute page, depending on  the  State  you are located they will direct you to different company. I am in Wisconsin and i go to following site;

https://www.csccredit.com/www/csccs.nsf

I had 1 medical  Paid collection from 2006 which I removed last month,  I have one utility collection from 2006, I disputed it  late last month, I am waiting for result. I will let you know the outcome, but try this and hopefully it will work.  

Message Edited by Bop on 11-30-2007 07:28 PM
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.