Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GREAT NEWS!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GREAT NEWS!

Isn't that funny! I too, one time had a local collection that I literally paid I think either 5 or 10 dollars a month for I believe a year. This was a long time ago- as I didn'nt know that one could negotiate with CA's and pay a percentage! You know- it's crazy what a lack of knowledge of how to handle credit- coupled with a car wreck and hospital bills- and virtually making no money off of a waitress's salary can add up to!

I too, have learned so much from these boards, I really really really want to hit 700 and then my goal is 720- I Have 652, 663, and 667. It is not good enough for me anymore and I am working to pay and hopefully have removed three collections.
Message 11 of 17
Gotagoal
Regular Contributor

You are doing a great job! You'll be in the 700 club in no time. Strange how the past can be just so much work. I tell my coworkers I'm the poster child because it makes me laugh. Funny how I've learned every life lesson the hard way. ahhahah Ahhh...... but it adds character! I'm sweet, nice and have just learned things the hard way. Not too shabby! hahaah All my best to you!!
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotagoal & netpanther you two sound like me as well!  The 20 years, etc. and 2nd job, I'm actually going to quit the 2nd job now because I believe I can get a few hours OT at work and it will be equivalent to the 2nd job.  I NEVER want to know what it's like to stretch $20 for one full week with myself & two kids ever again!

I have been working with my home buying instructor (I took the class) and she's guiding me in the explanations, etc. so I hopefully can get my house in Dec/Jan.

Then, PARTYSmiley Happy
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!
Message 14 of 17
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Nice!
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great!!!   Stick with your goal.  Smiley Wink
Message 16 of 17
Kooliad
Regular Contributor

Great job keep up the good work Smiley Wink
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.