Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRRRRR stupid )(*)&)(&)(* CA *******UPDATED********

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GRRRRR stupid )(*)&)(&)(* CA

myhearts...just talking to y'all makes me feel so much better!  The BP is down a some now and I'm feeling a bit better.  I know it's not worth it but it just P's me off, ya know?

Tex ~ She's mine if I ever get the chance but I'll take you so you can get my back lol!

Happy ~ I've got a letter prepared and I'm calling the attorney tomorrow.  Not only is it a don't call my employer anymore letter but a 3rd DV stating exactly what I want as validation.  I want to see what the attorney says about sending it.  Tomorrow I am disputing the account with the credit bureaus.  I have to get DH to call TU because his account has a security block on it.  We couldn't remember the login we used last year and took to many attempts signing in so they froze it.Smiley Indifferent

Thank y'all so much for caring and all of the support!  You have no idea what it means to me. 
Message 11 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check out an act called the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act. I will tell you all the restrictions that a 3rd party CA have. I bet they are in violation of more than one on that list.
Message 12 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are more then welcome KIM.
I am new but there are somethings that I do know.The main is do call a person at work If it causes problems. Judges love cases like that.
Message 13 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I absoulutely know they are in violation of several them ~ that's what makes me so darn mad.  Then for him to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about...I've been reading and researching and asking questions about FDCPA and Texas law regarding collections for the last 2 1/2 months.  Maybe he needs to do a little research of his own.  It just blows my mind that they get away with what they do...I still say that a class regarding this information should be mandatory for every high school senior to graduate...People need to know their rights and how important it is to be financially healthy. 

Thank y'all again for the support !!!

WOOOOOSAH!
Message 14 of 46
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

TexMontana wrote:
I FEEL your pain! Have a crappy ex who screwed up my credit, too. I wrote a song about him, including the line: "Once upon a time there was a jerk named you." I am so sorry that your BP went up - just remember: You are doing this the right way!
Godspeed!

Have you posted the lyrics in the lyrics thread?  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 15 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

just wanted to say that when a letter gets undelivered, the post office notes on the envelope and sends it back to the original sender...ASK them for those envelopes that note "undeliverable: return to sender"...i bet they never even have those. Which would mean that they never sent you a correspondence to begin with. It is very possible.
Message 16 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

ARRRRRGGHHHHH!!

The CA has now put us on an automated calling system.  Called at 10am this morning, a SATURDAY,  stating that we needed to call such and such 800 # and reference their account #.  I know they are probably calling DH's work too.  He can get into sooooo much trouble for this.  They are calling a police call center and doing this!!!  Finally have everything sent to the attorney, I pray he'll be able to stop this BS.

CA hasn't reported anything to the credit bureaus since 06 but I have disputed it through them...waiting to see if they are going to update...if so, wham ~ another violation!

I'll be so glad when this is over one way or another.

Message 17 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel for ya as I now have them calling my inlaws house that we have never lived at since
being married 12 years ago..
Message 18 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kims...

Don't let this stuff kill you. Seriously. Go find an attorney, quickly. Get one that will work on your behalf, and find the meanest, most junk-yard dog-like SOB you can find to go after this collection agency and the employee who has been calling you and your husband.

Send them a written CEASE AN DESIST letter, certified with return receipt requested. Tell them in no uncertain terms that you prohibit them from calling you and your husband or anyone affiliated with you using any telephone number.

And tell the rest of US who this agency is, the names of the jerk(s) that are calling you, and their phone numbers. It's time for the "community" to start calling THEM, especially if they have a toll-free number where THEY pay for the call.
Message 19 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got the attorney...found him thru MFC.  His office is in Shreveport but he practices law in TX too.   I'm waiting to hear from him as we've just sent the rest of the information he requested.

The OC is HSBC Auto the company that supposedly bought the debt (for pennies, I'm sure) is Thornton Financial and Syncom/Synergetic Communications in Houston is the CA.  Mr Marvin Jackson is our very own special collection agent.  LMAO  I would love to give you the 800 # but the mod's on here might frown if I do. 

Gosh, y'all I really appreciate all of your support!  Y'all actually make my heart smile as my blood pounds through my veins dealing with this.  I came here to educate myself and I have found the best support system ever!  There are some really good people here and I want y'all to know everyone of you are in my daily prayers!
Message 20 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.