Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRRRRR stupid )(*)&)(&)(* CA *******UPDATED********

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GRRRRR stupid )(*)&)(&)(* CA

kims wrote:
Got them on the caller ID too only problem with that is when they call multiple times in a day from the same # it deletes the previous call on the ID Smiley Mad.

Check Target, Best Buy, et al. in your area. There are Caller ID units in the $10-$15 range.

Message 31 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

kims wrote:
I was forced to call the &*&()(*(& at the collection agency this afternoon.  He left another message at our home and left a message for my husband at his work. The dispatchers sent DH a nastygram over the computer in the patrol car about Mr Jackson calling yet again~ DH calls me because he's busy and can't call said ())(*_)*)&_ at the CA.  So I get to speak to Mr Jackson.

Read §804 and §805(b) both.

Calls to work, when the CA knows your home number and address, is a violation of §805(b).

Message 32 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noah_Bodie wrote:

kims wrote:
I was forced to call the &*&()(*(& at the collection agency this afternoon.  He left another message at our home and left a message for my husband at his work. The dispatchers sent DH a nastygram over the computer in the patrol car about Mr Jackson calling yet again~ DH calls me because he's busy and can't call said ())(*_)*)&_ at the CA.  So I get to speak to Mr Jackson.

Read §804 and §805(b) both.

Calls to work, when the CA knows your home number and address, is a violation of §805(b).

Smiley SurprisedSmiley Wink

I don't wanna get tooooo cocky and jinx the whole thing.....but........

bwwwwhhahahahhhahha {evil laugh}  they are hanging themselves with their own rope!  Got a message from EX  regarding some of the dispute results...this CA is still pending verification...can't wait to see what they do ~ if they don't verify it's gone...if they do it's another violation. Haven't gotten any new results from TU and EQ regarding the dispute.

Still haven't heard from the attorney.  Kinda got me worried, but I'm sure he's a busy man. 

Oh and have I mentioned how he got our home # to begin with??  When I called him back the first time he asked for the home # and I told him that I didn't feel comfortable giving it out to a bill collector he then threatened to continue calling DH's employer, past and present, our apartment leasing office and whatever other number he could find to embarrass us.  I wish I could have recorded that convo ~

Message Edited by kims on 07-23-2007 02:53 PM
Message 33 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Might wanna call back the attorney's office. Get hold of a human if at all possible.

Tell 'em about the constant barrage of calls you're getting, this is causing both you and DH considerable angst, DH is getting calls at work even though they have your home number, and the CA is demanding a fax number so they can fax it to DH's work.

Should get the attorney's attention. If you can get hold of the attorney, or a para-legal, ask whether you can refer the CA's calls to the lawyer's office and restore a bit of peace and sanity at home and work.

Message 34 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was giving him through today...now that it's 5 and I haven't heard anything I'm going to call the office tomorrow morn and try to speak with him to at least make sure he's received all the info I've sent.

Thanks for all your help and info Noah ~ we really appreciate it!!
Message 35 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GRRRRR stupid )(*)&)(&)(* CA ******UPDATE*******

Got a big envelope with the validation from the CA today in the mail...happy freakin birthday to me! 
They've got paperwork going back to when the vehicle was purchased new in New Orleans by the original owner...the complete contract, title...you name it.  No statement on the account from what I can see...and nothing from HSBC stating that the debt was sold to Thornton and that this CA has the legal right to collect the debt.

Calling the attorney in the morning...I just don't know where we go from here.  They were in violation the whole time we've been asking for this info.  Enough violations to pay off the debt, in fact.  I hope the attorney has a little bit of good news for us...that would just be awesome.

I'm Smiley SadWoman Sad

I have half a mind to give the CA the ex's phone # and tell them to get the $$$ outta her.
Message 36 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GRRRRR stupid )(*)&)(&)(* CA *******UPDATED********

kims wrote:
tells me that I'm spouting law I know NOTHING about.

Even though you didn't get this on tape, document the facts as you remember them. Write it down. Time and date of the call, name of the person you spoke with (if you remember or he gave it), whether you called or he called, and the exact words the CA used. That could be very helpful.

Message 37 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GRRRRR stupid )(*)&)(&)(* CA *******UPDATED********

Noah_Bodie wrote:

kims wrote:
tells me that I'm spouting law I know NOTHING about.

Even though you didn't get this on tape, document the facts as you remember them. Write it down. Time and date of the call, name of the person you spoke with (if you remember or he gave it), whether you called or he called, and the exact words the CA used. That could be very helpful.

This also works for jobs where you are being targeted by certain management just
because they don't like you, I had gotton a manager fired cause I had 7 months of
his harassment all documented and written down with witnesses and all, he looked like an
idiot when I brought this in for my bogus disciplanary action with Human resources...
Sorry venting the good times there are so few...
Message 38 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

kims wrote:
Got a big envelope with the validation from the CA today in the mail
Calling the attorney in the morning
I have half a mind to give the CA the ex's phone # and tell them to get the $$$ outta her.

Go ahead and follow up with the attorney. Even if they had a DNA sample and fingerprints off every check tendered, that neither excuses nor permits harassment and abuse.

- Demands for a fax number constitute a violation.

- Harassment and abuse constitute a violation.

- Communication before validation, that ain't validation, constitutes a violation.

If the CA called tomorrow and said, "OK scumbag, I validated the debt now pay up before I have your husband jailed and you executed", call me crazy, but I think that too would constitute a violation.

Message 39 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

omg  my side hurts from laughing.

If I am correct...the CA is trying to collect from john doe, the original owner. I may be wrong but if nothing has your name on it or the name of the OC that THEY are collecting from. I would send it back saying " Oh now I know who you are looking for! John Doe! well that isn't me!!!

I sent a letter to you on dadadad which you received on DA DA DA. After X amount of days ..sataue # da da..... You have failed to furnish me with any proof that this is my debt!

You know where to get this letter here. But I would add the little bit about not you. It is the letter that you send after a CA can not prove that debt is  yours. I would also send a copy of what they sent you.

make sure that you check with NOAH or other PRO here.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-23-2007 06:01 PM
Message 40 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.