Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

tag
willwar14
Valued Contributor

GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Ok!! Someone please tell me why Credit Karma isn't your real scores?!? A friend of mine keeps sending me messages saying how shes so happy her scores are all above 730 and im like no those are your Vantage scores and then shes like noooooo, those are your credit scores directly from the CRAs and im like FML go away.. Please help..

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Re: GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Because it's not fico and it's free. You want the real deal you gotta pay up or get it from a card. You get what you pay for with CK and that's nothing with the exception of CR info.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@willwar14 wrote:

Ok!! Someone please tell me why Credit Karma isn't your real scores?!? A friend of mine keeps sending me messages saying how shes so happy her scores are all above 730 and im like no those are your Vantage scores and then shes like noooooo, those are your credit scores directly from the CRAs and im like FML go away.. Please help..

A Vantage score is from the 3 credit reporting agencies as they created the score to compete with Fico which is a product of Fair Isaac.  CK only provides Vantage scores for Equifax and Transunion, not Experian.  The reason why the Vantage score is not highly regarded right now is because the far vast majority of creditors use some form of Fico score to grant credit.  Additionally there can be sizable differences between your Vantage score and your Fico score.  So until the Vantage score is used by more creditors, the score is basically meaningless and if she really wants to know her credit worthiness she needs to get her Fico scores. If she doesn't want to listen, then ignore her messages Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I understand correctly.  The score from CK is a vantage scoreand it is a real score, just not the one that most lenders use.  Most lenders use some version of Fico.

Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

If I understand correctly.  The score from CK is a vantage scoreand it is a real score, just not the one that most lenders use.  Most lenders use some version of Fico.

Yup, CK provides the Vantage 3.0 score that is used by some lenders (Cap-1 is known to use it frequently) however Fico scores are used by the majority of lenders for most credit decisions

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.