Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Denied - Chase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW Denied - Chase

Hi all,

I was disappointed to get a letter yesterday from Chase denying my GW letter.  The confusing part is that they stated that I asked for them to research info reported to the credit bureaus, which I did not, as I used the now famous GW examples posted here to simply ask for the adjustment. 

Also they said they could not change the info as "to preserve the intregrity of the credit bureau reporting system, we are unable to alter valid information reporting to the bureaus."

After 14 years with Chase, I have four 30-days, the last being in 2004.  Has anybody had any luck with a GW with Chase?  I will certainly send another letter, but if somebody has had any success, did you contact anybody in particular?

Ultimately I guess I will get them - I will just pay down my balance!  Smiley Happy

Message Edited by sdmac99 on 08-05-2007 12:14 PM
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW Denied - Chase

Many people seem to have had success with Chase.  I however did not.  I am a ten year customer and had one late back in 2004 they stated "we are unable to amend credit as a courtesy". What crap.  I intend on sending another GW letter tomorrow.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have a name and number on the response letter, you might try calling and getting that person. If you only have a name, try calling any of Chase's numbers and seeing if you can get transfered to that person.

Try telling them you were somewhat confused by their response letter, and you didn't intend for them to have to research information with the CRAs. "My apologies if I made you do research into this account. I wasn't denying that I was late. I was simply asking whether Chase would consider making an adjustment because of my overall good history with Chase."

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I got the same letter from Capital One. I made a copy of the letter they sent me and attached to a new and improved GW. I never give up.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do have the name and number.  The letter was confusing, and they also sent copies of the four old statements to me.  You are right, I didn't deny that I was late, just asked that after 14 years they are removed.  I think he misunderstood the GW.  I may give it a shot.  And if it doesn't work, I will just send another GW!

I must say - the line about "preserving the integrity of the credit bureaus" made me chuckle.  I think a little work is needed before that statement can be applied to all three!  Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

sdmac99 wrote:

I must say - the line about "preserving the integrity of the credit bureaus" made me chuckle.  I think a little work is needed before that statement can be applied to all three!  Smiley Wink

Ain't that the TRUTH?
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

TexMontana wrote:
Yeah, I got the same letter from Capital One. I made a copy of the letter they sent me and attached to a new and improved GW. I never give up.

What address did you use for Cap One? I need to send off a GW to them this week...
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

sdmac99 wrote:
Hi all,

I was disappointed to get a letter yesterday from Chase denying my GW letter.  The confusing part is that they stated that I asked for them to research info reported to the credit bureaus, which I did not, as I used the now famous GW examples posted here to simply ask for the adjustment. 

After 14 years with Chase, I have four 30-days, the last being in 2004.  Has anybody had any luck with a GW with Chase?  I will certainly send another letter, but if somebody has had any success, did you contact anybody in particular?

Message Edited by sdmac99 on 08-05-2007 12:14 PM

Who did you send your letter to? Just curious, as I sent out a GW letter myself this week to remove some late pays...
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

tessarue wrote:

TexMontana wrote:

What address did you use for Cap One? I need to send off a GW to them this week...

Capital One
PO Box 30285
Salt Lake City, Utah 84130-0285
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

TexMontana wrote:

tessarue wrote:

TexMontana wrote:

Capital One
PO Box 30285
Salt Lake City, Utah 84130-0285

Thanks so much!

Tess
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.