tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW Example Letters

Message 41 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

My question is regarding parking tickets. I have a butt load of parking tickets, and they were sent to a collection agency...would I mail this letter to the collection agency or somewhere else to take it off my credit history?

thanks
Message 42 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

portlandbucfan wrote:
I have a butt load of parking tickets, and they were sent to a collection agency

Paid or not?

Message 43 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also: should I call, write snail mail, write electronically or fax when I send Chase my GW

They were pretty difficult to deal with, on a couple of points. (after the account was closed, when it hit 90 days late, I started noticing, on the few statements I had left until it was PIF, that my payment due dates were usually on a Sunday)

The 90 days late is the only adverse/negative on my CR. I have had a few 3-5 days late payments with Citi bank in my history with them since 8/2003, but that never went on my CR and Citi reports me as never late. Smiley Happy
Message 44 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

Me and my wife both  have a 30 day late from Capital One Auto Finance from August 2006. Do we both need to send a GW letter or can we just use one ? Also the account is still open with less than a year to pay would a GW letter work on an open account ?
Message 45 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Newbie here - been reading the forums for almost 2 hours.  Tons of great information!  Two questions.  First i have two baddies I want to resolve, and I think my only options are GW. First is an old moving violation/infraction that I didn't pay to the King  County courthouse that was sent to collections.  I paid the collection agency in 2004.  Should I write a GW to the courthouse (OC?) or to the CA? 

Next I agreed to settle an old credit card and had some 30, 60 and one 90 day late payments.  The account has been closed also since 2004.  Any suggestions on a GW for an account that has been settled or should I bother?  I don't have the leverage of demonstrating that since the deliquency I have vastly improved my debt management... because the account is now closed

FICO (one doesn't show the collections obviously!):  TU 672 EQ 742 EX 686.  Been trying to get these number up for about 4 months now.  Got a new CC with lower interest and took out a good size car loan ($25K).  Just set my CCs to pay off in the next 9 months since I'm at 57% utilization now (total revolving debt $7749 with $2479 of that at HIGH interest, the remainder at 2.9%). 

Any help greatly appreciated!!  Thanks everyone for the great stories.  Never thought I would have one in the 700s, and I'm pretty dang happy the two others even considering 700.  --buddhagirl

Message Edited by buddhagirl on 12-15-2007 03:48 PM
Message 46 of 87
HunnieBee1226

Hello Neblett, I'm writing because I also need to deal with HSBC - Have had a hard time reaching someone there who will talk to me intelligently and helpfully. When you faxed your GW credit letter to them, what fax number did you use, and how did you address the letter? Any sample you can provide is greatly appreciated!
Message 47 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

pls let me know if a GW letter to remove paid collection goes to CA or the original creditor.
Message 48 of 87
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

It depends on who was reporting the collection. If it was the OC then send GW to OC, if i was CA reporting then send GW to CA.

You just gotta know who is reporting it!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 49 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need letter help and have a few questions....

Hi everyone.  I am new here and got the idea of writing a letter to my creditors from reading this forum.  I wrote one today and would like some advise on it. 

Dear sir or madam,

From the end of 2006 to present, I have been dealing with a bad case of depression.  Unfortunately, because of this, I was unable to deal with or pay my financial obligations.  After several medication changes in the last year, I am finally feeling better and ready to deal with my current financial situation.

I honestly regret having gotten so behind on my bills and have put your company in this situation.

What I am hoping to accomplish with this letter is to make payment arrangements with you and if possible, maybe you could waive some of the late fees.  I completely understand if this is not possible.

Since I will be sending this letter to all my creditors, I would hope that you could accept a $25 a month payment.

I sincerely thank you for reading my letter and considering my request.  I hope that at some point in the future, we will be able to do business again.

Now,  I have a few questions. 

• The different credit bureaus are reporting 2 different addresses on my credit report.  Which one do I send the letter to?  Both?
  • I have an old auto loan from the end of 2003 that is paid.  The acct. status is showing 30 and 60 days late.  Do I need to write a letter to the creditor or dispute this through the credit bureaus?  Is this affecting my FICO. 
  • If I write the letters to the original creditors and they accept payment arrangements, will the calls from the CA stop?
  • Should I hand write the letters or print out from the computer?

Thank you in advance for reading my post and for helping me out.  My Equifax FICO is 515.  I am trying to get it up to 600 within the next 6 months or less so I can try and buy a condo.  I am hoping the letters will help.

Sherri

Message 50 of 87
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.