cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Example Letters

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Need letter help and have a few questions....

Hi, Sherri, welcome to the forums! Sorry to hear that you've been going through tough times, and I'm glad they're starting to turn around.

What you wrote is not exactly a GW letter, but it's also not exactly a PFD (pay for delete) letter either, as you are trying to get them to accept a payment plan. So we're going to need to get some input from others regarding asking for a payment plan.

In the meantime, I would remove references to your exact diagnosis, and substitute a statement that you were dealing with a difficult medical condition (which you were), fell behind on your bills, but are now recovering and anxious to get back into good standing with your creditors. It's no one else's business other than yours and your healthcare providers what is going on with you medically, and unfortunately, there are still a lot of people out there who are pretty judgmental about mental health problems.

Finally, I would ask that you start this identical post as a new thread here on the same forum (General Credit Issues.) Since it is asking about something different than GW, it really needs its own post. All you have to do is click on your post, copy it, click "New Thread" at the top of the board, and paste it there. Be sure to add a subject that specifically describes what you're trying to do, like Trying to set up payment plan, or something similar.

If you have any trouble, please pm me by clicking the envelope up at the top right of your screen.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 51 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need letter help and have a few questions....

Hi and thank you for answering my post and your suggestions.  However, I have not recieved any feedback on the letter itself. 

Any suggestions on what I need to do or say for advice?  I think I will also post a link to this thread and see if that gets something going.

Thanks again.
Message 52 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW Example Letters

Hopefully, someone can help me on this.

I have 3 negative reportings on my credit report; a charge-off from Dell, a medical collection, and a paid closed credit card account with past late payments (120 days).  Each item happened while I was in college (around 4 years ago).  I had very little to no funds, and jumped at the chance of getting something "on credit".  At the time, I didn't know anything about cherishing and protecting my credit.  However, now I'm in the "real world", and realize how my past decisions have come to bite me in the behind.

I'm trying to get these three things off my credit report, but don't know where to start.  I called the people that handled my Dell account and my medical collection, and they both stated that they have stop reporting this info to the credit agencies.  They also stated that I need to dispute this with the credit agency.

I see there are goodwill letters addressed to creditors but credit reporting agencies.  How can I get those items off my credit report without paying alot of money?  I want to buy a house real soon.

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

AJW

Message Edited by AJW on 03-04-2008 06:10 PM
Message 53 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hope somebody can help me with this; I have a circuit city card that we opened in Michigan. We moved to California and a couple of years ago, bought a laptop from circuit city during a promo. circuit city did not update my old address with the new one (my mistake i guess), as a result we never got a single statement. we let it pass off thinking that it was a promo and no payment was required for one whole year. anyway, few months later we got a letter from a CA. We pulled our credit and realized that we had a 90 day late after which circuit city sold our account to the CA. we paid the full settlement amount immediately. my credit report shows this as a circuit city account as a paid chargeoff/account closed by credit grantor. My question is whom should I write the goodwill letter to have this removed: my original creditor - circuit city or the collection agency whom I paid the whole amount to. I would really like to get started on this and would appreciate it if someone can let me know.
Message 54 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all,

I posted a question under a tread titled 7yrs.

Basically I'm trying to figure out if I can send  GW letters to Pay day loan companies that I used back in 2002-2004. I took maybe 18 different small loans out over the 2yr period. However I was never late on a payment and I paid all loans off in full.

Here's my dilemma, with all these paid off accounts and adding my current credit cards, auto loan and mortgage. I have way to many accounts combined (open & closed)
Having all these loans on my credit report shows lenders that I could potentially be a credit risk. Which I'm not anymore. Just a bad decision I made at that time in my life and it compounded.

How can I try to get these accounts off my CR prior to them falling off after the 10yr period. Will a GW letter work or is there something else I can try?

Thanks!
Message 55 of 87
M-2008
Valued Member

Should I send a GW letter for a Citi card settled in 2004? 

Most recent review of credit report shows it will be listed unitl Sept 2008.  It currently lists as "bad debt/collection."  Should I just wait it out 6 more months or send the letter?
Message 56 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

Because it will drop in 6 months   I would file a dispute with all CRAs that are reporting....you might get lucky & it will delete
Message 57 of 87
grneydangl
Frequent Contributor

Strange Question:
Has anyone ever sent out GW letters for removing lates and the company did it but didn't send anything about it to you?

Message 58 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

grneydangl wrote:
Strange Question:
Has anyone ever sent out GW letters for removing lates and the company did it but didn't send anything about it to you?

Happens all the time.  It's sort of their way of going ahead and giving you what you want but not admitting that they're doing so.

Message 59 of 87
grneydangl
Frequent Contributor

Thanks!  And now I just saw love2golf's post about this is exact thing Smiley Surprised

Message Edited by grneydangl on 03-30-2008 01:33 PM

Message 60 of 87
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.