JS

Re: GW Example Letters

If my husband and I have an account jointly, do we need to write two letters or will one do? 

This is the first time that I have heard of the possibility that a letter could help.  We have been nursing our credit back to health for two years.  A very slow process!  Thanks.
Valued Member

[ Edited ]
Foreclosures deleted via GW?  Has anyone had success doing this?  Mine was with National City Mortgage in 2002.

Message Edited by demitasse03 on 07-08-2007 12:43 PM
Moderator Emeritus

demitasse03 wrote:
Foreclosures deleted via GW?  Has anyone had success doing this?  Mine was with National City Mortgage in 2002.

Never hurts to ask!
Moderator Emeritus

JS wrote:
If my husband and I have an account jointly, do we need to write two letters or will one do? 

This is the first time that I have heard of the possibility that a letter could help.  We have been nursing our credit back to health for two years.  A very slow process!  Thanks.

You should each send one.
Senior Contributor

JS wrote:

DW and I sent one GW letter to Chase. Three accounts--hers, mine and ours. One GW letter worked for both of us for all 3 accounts.

Senior Contributor
Established Member

Re: GW Example Letters - Links to more letters

Thank you for the awesome sample letters.

I willbe sending out 4 GW letters on 7/30/07.

~BOA
~Discover
~Direct Merchants Bank
~Household Bank

I will keep everyone posted on the outcomes.

8.25.07----656
7.28.07----637
5.20.07----580
Contributor

I have a paid hospital collection that I would LOVE to remove.  Should I send the letter to the hospital or the collection agency?

Thanks!
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tuscani wrote:

demitasse03 wrote:

Never hurts to ask!

You really think it might have a chance?  I'm 3 for 3, and I would hate to break my streak.  In my case, my accounts were not late or any other baddies right up to the date of my BK filing.  In those cases, the account is reported as Closed - Included in Bankruptcy or something along those lines.  I wonder if doing a GW letter in that case would really do me any good or not. Maybe if they dropped the whole account off of my CR, it might help.  But that begs the question, should those accounts described above disappear after 7 years (which is next year for me)? If not, would I dispute them as being older than 7 years old to make them go away? If just seems to me that there are some accounts on my CR which are older than 7 years.

Message Edited by KevKaos on 07-31-2007 09:14 AM
Moderator Emeritus

KevKaos wrote:

Tuscani wrote:

demitasse03 wrote:

Never hurts to ask!

You really think it might have a chance?  I'm 3 for 3, and I would hate to break my streak.  In my case, my accounts were not late or any other baddies right up to the date of my BK filing.  In those cases, the account is reported as Closed - Included in Bankruptcy or something along those lines.  I wonder if doing a GW letter in that case would really do me any good or not. Maybe if they dropped the whole account off of my CR, it might help.  But that begs the question, should those accounts described above disappear after 7 years (which is next year for me)? If not, would I dispute them as being older than 7 years old to make them go away? If just seems to me that there are some accounts on my CR which are older than 7 years.

Message Edited by KevKaos on 07-31-2007 09:14 AM

Hard to say... IMO, the .41 is worth a shot. :smileyhappy:

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.