JS
JS

Re: GW Example Letters

If my husband and I have an account jointly, do we need to write two letters or will one do? 

This is the first time that I have heard of the possibility that a letter could help.  We have been nursing our credit back to health for two years.  A very slow process!  Thanks.
Valued Member
demitasse03

[ Edited ]
Foreclosures deleted via GW?  Has anyone had success doing this?  Mine was with National City Mortgage in 2002.

Message Edited by demitasse03 on 07-08-2007 12:43 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

demitasse03 wrote:
Foreclosures deleted via GW?  Has anyone had success doing this?  Mine was with National City Mortgage in 2002.

Never hurts to ask!
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

JS wrote:
If my husband and I have an account jointly, do we need to write two letters or will one do? 

This is the first time that I have heard of the possibility that a letter could help.  We have been nursing our credit back to health for two years.  A very slow process!  Thanks.

You should each send one.
Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie

JS wrote:

DW and I sent one GW letter to Chase. Three accounts--hers, mine and ours. One GW letter worked for both of us for all 3 accounts.

Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie
Established Member
creech69

Re: GW Example Letters - Links to more letters

Thank you for the awesome sample letters.

I willbe sending out 4 GW letters on 7/30/07.

~BOA
~Discover
~Direct Merchants Bank
~Household Bank

I will keep everyone posted on the outcomes.

8.25.07----656
7.28.07----637
5.20.07----580
Contributor
bsf56

I have a paid hospital collection that I would LOVE to remove.  Should I send the letter to the hospital or the collection agency?

Thanks!
Regular Contributor
KevKaos

[ Edited ]

Tuscani wrote:

demitasse03 wrote:

Never hurts to ask!

You really think it might have a chance?  I'm 3 for 3, and I would hate to break my streak.  In my case, my accounts were not late or any other baddies right up to the date of my BK filing.  In those cases, the account is reported as Closed - Included in Bankruptcy or something along those lines.  I wonder if doing a GW letter in that case would really do me any good or not. Maybe if they dropped the whole account off of my CR, it might help.  But that begs the question, should those accounts described above disappear after 7 years (which is next year for me)? If not, would I dispute them as being older than 7 years old to make them go away? If just seems to me that there are some accounts on my CR which are older than 7 years.

Message Edited by KevKaos on 07-31-2007 09:14 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

KevKaos wrote:

Tuscani wrote:

demitasse03 wrote:

Never hurts to ask!

You really think it might have a chance?  I'm 3 for 3, and I would hate to break my streak.  In my case, my accounts were not late or any other baddies right up to the date of my BK filing.  In those cases, the account is reported as Closed - Included in Bankruptcy or something along those lines.  I wonder if doing a GW letter in that case would really do me any good or not. Maybe if they dropped the whole account off of my CR, it might help.  But that begs the question, should those accounts described above disappear after 7 years (which is next year for me)? If not, would I dispute them as being older than 7 years old to make them go away? If just seems to me that there are some accounts on my CR which are older than 7 years.

Message Edited by KevKaos on 07-31-2007 09:14 AM

Hard to say... IMO, the .41 is worth a shot. :smileyhappy:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+