Established Member
wendy125

Re: GW Example Letters

OK.  Is there a way to find out when the last lates were?  There is only a little blurb on my CR and that only has 60 days late.
Moderator Emeritus
HappyDays

on my report TU  it was typed in max delinq 30 day 6/2002  also by EX
Established Member
wendy125

My CR has some dates but there is at least one account that has to many that I can't see them all.  Any way to find out or does it even matter?  Is it suggested that a person only write GWs to a company if there were only a couple of lates or should we use the attitude of, "What can it hurt?" Or can it; hurt us, I mean?
Valued Member
smlala

I have a goodwill letter I would like to write to a student loan lender.  The servicer is ACS Campus Products and Services, but from what I can tell the actual lender is my University.  Do I address the letter to the University or ACS?
bengerman

what department would i send these to for a credit card company? or will it get there either way?
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

bengerman wrote:
what department would i send these to for a credit card company? or will it get there either way?

ATTN: Credit Dept
Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie

smlala wrote:
I have a goodwill letter I would like to write to a student loan lender.  The servicer is ACS Campus Products and Services, but from what I can tell the actual lender is my University.  Do I address the letter to the University or ACS?

I'd start with the name and address showing on your CRs.
New Visitor
onlyupfromhere

I have several medical bills I became delinquent on and they were handed over to other agencies. More than half are now paid. I have a balance of $1305 spread out among creditors. For those which are paid and those I will soon pay off, would GW letters work? Has anyone had luck with collection agencies?
Valued Contributor
SmartCookie

onlyupfromhere wrote:
I have several medical bills I became delinquent on and they were handed over to other agencies. More than half are now paid. I have a balance of $1305 spread out among creditors. For those which are paid and those I will soon pay off, would GW letters work? Has anyone had luck with collection agencies?

read this thread, specifically posts by rizeninme.  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&message.id=45154  :smileyhappy:
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+