portlandbucfan

Re: GW Example Letters

My question is regarding parking tickets. I have a butt load of parking tickets, and they were sent to a collection agency...would I mail this letter to the collection agency or somewhere else to take it off my credit history?

thanks
Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie

portlandbucfan wrote:
I have a butt load of parking tickets, and they were sent to a collection agency

Paid or not?

deuce

Where should I send a GW to for a long since "closed by credit grantor" Chase CC? There is a 90 days late from March, 2004 that I would like taken off. Account was closed once it hit 90 days late and was PIF around June, 2004.

Thanks.
deuce

Also: should I call, write snail mail, write electronically or fax when I send Chase my GW

They were pretty difficult to deal with, on a couple of points. (after the account was closed, when it hit 90 days late, I started noticing, on the few statements I had left until it was PIF, that my payment due dates were usually on a Sunday)

The 90 days late is the only adverse/negative on my CR. I have had a few 3-5 days late payments with Citi bank in my history with them since 8/2003, but that never went on my CR and Citi reports me as never late. :smileyhappy:
deuce

Oh...finally, and I asked this already in another thread; can I send GWs if I was denied a credit limit increase on an existing credit card?

Does anyone have suggestions on how to write that up?
sillyazz

Me and my wife both  have a 30 day late from Capital One Auto Finance from August 2006. Do we both need to send a GW letter or can we just use one ? Also the account is still open with less than a year to pay would a GW letter work on an open account ?
buddhagirl

[ Edited ]
Hi Newbie here - been reading the forums for almost 2 hours.  Tons of great information!  Two questions.  First i have two baddies I want to resolve, and I think my only options are GW. First is an old moving violation/infraction that I didn't pay to the King  County courthouse that was sent to collections.  I paid the collection agency in 2004.  Should I write a GW to the courthouse (OC?) or to the CA? 

Next I agreed to settle an old credit card and had some 30, 60 and one 90 day late payments.  The account has been closed also since 2004.  Any suggestions on a GW for an account that has been settled or should I bother?  I don't have the leverage of demonstrating that since the deliquency I have vastly improved my debt management... because the account is now closed

FICO (one doesn't show the collections obviously!):  TU 672 EQ 742 EX 686.  Been trying to get these number up for about 4 months now.  Got a new CC with lower interest and took out a good size car loan ($25K).  Just set my CCs to pay off in the next 9 months since I'm at 57% utilization now (total revolving debt $7749 with $2479 of that at HIGH interest, the remainder at 2.9%). 

Any help greatly appreciated!!  Thanks everyone for the great stories.  Never thought I would have one in the 700s, and I'm pretty dang happy the two others even considering 700.  --buddhagirl

Message Edited by buddhagirl on 12-15-2007 03:48 PM
HunnieBee1226

Hello Neblett, I'm writing because I also need to deal with HSBC - Have had a hard time reaching someone there who will talk to me intelligently and helpfully. When you faxed your GW credit letter to them, what fax number did you use, and how did you address the letter? Any sample you can provide is greatly appreciated!
shantini

pls let me know if a GW letter to remove paid collection goes to CA or the original creditor.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+