Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Example Letters

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW Example Letters

great advice.

any idea how long it takes a company like Chase to respond?  I need to apply for mortgage in less than 30 days and need to have a 90 day late removed.  It was an oversight on my part and is killing my scores.

thx.
Message 61 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apparently my letters are no good ... lol I am now 0 for 7 trying to get some lates taken off of accounts already paid. They keep telling me, no sir, we reported correctly, thank you for your dispute. I have modified a couple different ones I pulled from here. Oh well, I guess I will keep trying until they do. Would you recommend sending monthly, bi-monthly? Maybe different departments?

Thanks
Cujo
Message 62 of 87
grneydangl
Frequent Contributor

This might be very dumb... Some say persistance pays off... If Im going to send a CC a goodwill again, can I use the same letter or should it be changed quite a bit?

Message 63 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

grneydangle - You can change the letter a bit - but don't change any of the vital info - such as the reasons you explained that you were late, etc. It probably isn't likely that the same person gets the letter - but it could happen, or they could have the other letter in your file. You don't want to appear as though you are trying to deceive anyone.

Good luck!

Message Edited by tidbit1 on 04-14-2008 03:21 PM
Message 64 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am SOOOO excited right now! I took a chance and wrote a few good will letters for some of my hubby's past dues.  He has always had excellent credit until the end of 2004 through 2005. He was involved in a very very nasty divorce in which he was royally screwed and ended up holding the bag for every debt in the marriage while she walked away with all the assets.

Anyway..   My first letter was to Everhome Mortgage. He had ONE late payment at the end of his 30 year mortgage (Aug 05). I wrote the letter about a month ago and by the time we received their response this past Saturday, the 30 day late mark had been removed from his report.   Smiley Very Happy

Next was Chrysler Financial. He and his ex both had Chrysler vehicles at the time of the divorce - she was 30 days late 2 times before she finally sold the vehicle for another (thank God - it got his name off of her loan) and he was 30 days late 3 times in that time period. He had one other Chrysler loan in his history - and we purchased a Chrysler for me last Feb - everything else with them (other than those 5 combined 30 day lates) has been spotless. We have not heard back from them yet - but all lates have been removed from both accounts on TU and EQ..  and I'm sure ESP will soon catch up (I just checked that one today and noticed them gone).  Smiley Happy

Next, I am going to try 3 credit card accounts that went into collections and were eventually settled for a lesser amount. I wish I had known about this forum and had access to all the useful info before those were settled so that he could try and get them removed with payment  Smiley Sad.   I'm sure they will be more difficult - but it's worth a shot. If anyone has any more advice for getting these types of accounts removed, please let me know!

I am soooo excited this works!  I want to thank you guys for posting these GW letters and providing help for us who wouldn't know to try something like this otherwise - you guys are awesome!!!

Message Edited by tidbit1 on 04-14-2008 03:36 PM

Message Edited by tidbit1 on 04-14-2008 03:42 PM
Message 65 of 87
grneydangl
Frequent Contributor

thanks for the advice tidbit!  congrats on the mortgage late removal and good luck on your others!

Message 66 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent a GW letter to my credit card company and received a call today stating that it would be illegal for them to make an adjustment to my credit report. They suggest I send a "statement" to be placed on my report. as anyone else received this kind of answer? TH
Message 67 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would wait 30 days and try again. It's not illegal.
Message 68 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone tried sending a GW letter to a lender for student loans? I was 30 days late with a payment last fall from when my father was going through some major health issues. I had the ability to pay, but I lost track of it amidst everything else. The fun part is, since I haven't consolidated them, it counted as 4 individual 30-day lates even though I pay them with one check to the same place. Other than that one month, everything's been paid above the minimum and on time.

For comparison, my EQ score (which does have the student loans and the late payments) is 674 while my TV score which doesn't have the accounts at all is 773. Pretty big difference and I'm sure most of it is due to the accounts on one report and not the other.

Is this worth giving a shot for a GW?
Message 69 of 87
Nectarine
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I sent a GW letter to my credit card company and received a call today stating that it would be illegal for them to make an adjustment to my credit report. They suggest I send a "statement" to be placed on my report. as anyone else received this kind of answer? TH

I've been telling some that I was told by a TransUnion representative to send the letter. Quite a few people have been told by a CRA Rep that they could get them removed with GW letters, so it has happened. If you want this statement on your letter to actually be true, you can call as ask specifically about GW letters. The CSR I talked to said that it was a good idea, so to me that's as good an endorsement as I'm likely to get haha. Smiley Wink

@Anonymous wrote:
Has anyone tried sending a GW letter to a lender for student loans? I was 30 days late with a payment last fall from when my father was going through some major health issues. I had the ability to pay, but I lost track of it amidst everything else. The fun part is, since I haven't consolidated them, it counted as 4 individual 30-day lates even though I pay them with one check to the same place. Other than that one month, everything's been paid above the minimum and on time.

For comparison, my EQ score (which does have the student loans and the late payments) is 674 while my TV score which doesn't have the accounts at all is 773. Pretty big difference and I'm sure most of it is due to the accounts on one report and not the other.

Is this worth giving a shot for a GW?

Sometimes it really is the little things that can trip you up when you're dealing with major family situations. It's definitely worth a shot, especially since you were only late once. I understand about the "same loan/really four loans" thing, my Sallie Mae loan was considered two loans by Sallie Mae (sub and unsub loans) so even though it was the same promissory note and the same bill every month, every little change effects both.

Since it's basically the difference between four delinquent accounts and four perfect accounts, I'd try really hard to convince them to remove just the lates. Let them know about your situation and remind them that you paid perfectly before and after that month. Even if it costs you a letter a week it's still saving you money long-term to try a GW letter.

Good Luck!!!
Message 70 of 87
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.