cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Example Letters

Senior Contributor

Re: GW Example Letters

nitrov wrote:

Has anyone distinguished an advantage over sending GW letters via Certified Mail versus regular US mail?

None that I am aware of in terms of getting a favorable response.  Certified gives you a delivery confirmation so at least you know they received it.  I would not send a GW letter return receipt requested as it may come off a little hostile.  

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 121 of 128
Senior Contributor

nitrov wrote:

Just got a GW denial from the Chase Credit Services EO stating they confirmed the information was reported correctly and were unable to adjust information as such. Very disheartening. Sending out another letter to the address on the CR, but I'm very sadly discouraged at this point. I'll keep trying Smiley Sad

Don't get discouraged.  It's typical that the initial response is no.  You should expect to get several negative responses before getting a deletion.  Persistence is definitely key in this game.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 122 of 128
Established Contributor

Walt_K wrote:

nitrov wrote:

Just got a GW denial from the Chase Credit Services EO stating they confirmed the information was reported correctly and were unable to adjust information as such. Very disheartening. Sending out another letter to the address on the CR, but I'm very sadly discouraged at this point. I'll keep trying Smiley Sad

Don't get discouraged.  It's typical that the initial response is no.  You should expect to get several negative responses before getting a deletion.  Persistence is definitely key in this game.

I've gotten denials on every single GW letter I've sent. GM FInancial replied with a letter saying "We received your request for changes to your payment information..." and proceeded to direct me to two different telephone numbers (I assume this was because I had a previous Americredit loan). I don't even know how to respond to that...do I send them another letter?

So far Chase, Capital One, and Kay Jewelers have all given me that "we have verified the information being reported is correct and are unable to make any changes" as such sort of letter. It's so aggravating! Bank of America hasn't gotten back to me, neither has Macy's. Considering the tone of these letters they send in reply I don't see how it's possible any of the answers come back any differently...

Do they only remove the information if they're unable to verify it's being reported correctly?

My Top 3: Chase Marriott ($25k) | Amex PRG (NSPL) | Citi Prestige ($17.5k) |

Others: NFCU Flagship ($25k), Penfed ($20k), Chase Ritz-Carlton ($17.4k), Amex BCE ($15k), Chase Freedom ($15k), USAA ($13k), Amex Hilton Surpass ($9.5k), Chase IHG ($9k), Cap1 Venture One ($7.5k), Lowe's ($35k), CareCredit ($7.2k), HHGregg ($4.5k)

Starting scores 600-640 (2013), current 740-765 (2016); It is possible!

Message 123 of 128
Frequent Contributor

sometimes it lands in a crabby persons lap, sometimes in lands in a nice persons lap. Keep Trying.

12/28/13 (Garden Start Date)

Message 124 of 128
New Contributor

Question: do you write the letters after you paid collections off?

Do you also write the letter to the original company before it was sold to collections?

Starting Score: Experian 514 Equifax 510 TransUnion 510
Current Score: Experian 630 and everything still In Progress
Goal Score: First Goal 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 125 of 128

NEWBIE....

I need assistance on removing 2 medical collections from my credit report.

They're both from the same OC.

Can someone assist me or pm an example of HIPPAA letter?

I would also like to know what code should be used when you pay off a vehicle?

I recently paid off a 2011 Toyota Highlander and it reads as account closed not account paid in full. How do I get this corrected?

Message 126 of 128
Established Member

nice

Message 127 of 128
New Contributor

Great advice on the letters hope they work!
Message 128 of 128