tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW Example Letters - Links to more letters

Message 21 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW Example Letters - Links to more letters

Thank you for the awesome sample letters.

I willbe sending out 4 GW letters on 7/30/07.

~BOA
~Discover
~Direct Merchants Bank
~Household Bank

I will keep everyone posted on the outcomes.

Message 22 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW Example Letters

Tuscani wrote:

demitasse03 wrote:
Foreclosures deleted via GW?  Has anyone had success doing this?  Mine was with National City Mortgage in 2002.

Message Edited by demitasse03 on 07-08-2007 12:43 PM

Never hurts to ask!

You really think it might have a chance?  I'm 3 for 3, and I would hate to break my streak.  In my case, my accounts were not late or any other baddies right up to the date of my BK filing.  In those cases, the account is reported as Closed - Included in Bankruptcy or something along those lines.  I wonder if doing a GW letter in that case would really do me any good or not. Maybe if they dropped the whole account off of my CR, it might help.  But that begs the question, should those accounts described above disappear after 7 years (which is next year for me)? If not, would I dispute them as being older than 7 years old to make them go away? If just seems to me that there are some accounts on my CR which are older than 7 years.

Message Edited by KevKaos on 07-31-2007 09:14 AM
Message 23 of 87
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

KevKaos wrote:

Tuscani wrote:

demitasse03 wrote:
Foreclosures deleted via GW?  Has anyone had success doing this?  Mine was with National City Mortgage in 2002.

Never hurts to ask!

You really think it might have a chance?  I'm 3 for 3, and I would hate to break my streak.  In my case, my accounts were not late or any other baddies right up to the date of my BK filing.  In those cases, the account is reported as Closed - Included in Bankruptcy or something along those lines.  I wonder if doing a GW letter in that case would really do me any good or not. Maybe if they dropped the whole account off of my CR, it might help.  But that begs the question, should those accounts described above disappear after 7 years (which is next year for me)? If not, would I dispute them as being older than 7 years old to make them go away? If just seems to me that there are some accounts on my CR which are older than 7 years.

Message Edited by KevKaos on 07-31-2007 09:14 AM

Hard to say... IMO, the .41 is worth a shot. Smiley Happy
Message 24 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

DW got a GW delete from AMEX. After paying off her defaulted AMEX Gold, she got an Oasis Optima offer. Applied and issued, then she got AMEX Green and Delta. This GW was to get rid of the defaulted AMEX that went to collection.

I am writing to see whether American Express would consider a goodwill deletion and delete this account from my credit bureau reports.

American Express has been extremely generous to me by extending me credit after I paid this account off in full. The very favorable terms on my American Express Delta Skypoints card allowed me to move some high interest debt on credit cards with an APR of over 23 percent to my Delta card with a very low 9 percent APR. It is truly appreciated, particularly as my husband and I are searching for our first home.
Message 25 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

demitasse03 wrote:

I have one on TU. Im trying to figure out who I should call. The only name & phone # is for the courthouse and a name of a bank in NY.

The foreclosure is correct (2003)  but it is not showing PAID.
Please PM me and send the letter that you wrote. I stink on wording letters.

I always look at this thread for letters. They are all good.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 08-04-2007 07:28 PM
Message 26 of 87
demitasse03
Valued Member

Anyone - To whom should I send a GW for paid collections - the OC or CA?

Message Edited by demitasse03 on 08-05-2007 10:23 PM
Message 27 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

demitasse03 wrote:
Anyone - To whom should I send a GW for paid collections - the OC or CA?

OC. If you can get the OC to delete, and the CA is reporting, the CA isn't going to have much standing to keep reporting.
Message 28 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have a BoA that is 0/1200 as of 2/06 but was closed by credit grantor and has 2/9/21 for lates.  Yeah, pretty ugly, but I believe that I had the payments coming out automatically at the end, showing good faith.  Would you suggest I attempt to send a GW letter or is this one so bad that nothing can help?
Message 29 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

wendy125 wrote:
Have a BoA that is 0/1200 as of 2/06 but was closed by credit grantor and has 2/9/21 for lates.  Yeah, pretty ugly, but I believe that I had the payments coming out automatically at the end, showing good faith.  Would you suggest I attempt to send a GW letter or is this one so bad that nothing can help?

Am I reading this right....BOA  closed 2/06  with  bal:$1200   sry what is 2/9/21?

Do you still owe anything?  If not or you are sure that all payments were made on time after being closed...Yes trya GW...they can only say NO....
Message 30 of 87
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.