Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Letter - Resubmit or Wait?

tag
John060675
Valued Contributor

GW Letter - Resubmit or Wait?

Dear Gurus,

As usual nothing goes as planned.  In late August I sent a GW letter to Honda Finance.  I called them today (after 2 weeks) to make sure they received the letter and if they needed any additional information.  I was told that there was no record of this letter being received yet, but that they received a lot of mail and it could be just not processed.  I did not send the letter by trackable means, since I read on this forum that GW letters should not be sent this way. 

My questions are:

1.  Should I send another letter to them today or wait for another couple weeks and call back to see if they got the first one?

2.  Should I send the next letter by trackable means, or is this still not advised for a GW letter?

3.  Does anyone have a contact name with them for the GW letter?  They will not give me one to put attention to, and my Google searches have come up empty.

Thank you for your help.   

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
John060675
Valued Contributor

Re: GW Letter - Resubmit or Wait?

bump..............Sorry, just depressed with the way this GW process is going. 

Message 2 of 5
John060675
Valued Contributor

It might have been a mistake, but I resent the letter via trackable means.  It is just so frustrating to wait on these companies to respond. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No news is good news - still...  At least you haven't had your GW rejected yet - I just got a rejection the other day - that really stinks...  From what I've read on the forum, it could take 3-4 weeks for the OC to process your GW letter and respond - you have to be patient.  But trust me, it's easier said than done - I hate the "waiting" game... 
Message 4 of 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Also try PFB
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.