Valued Member
basketsbears57

GW Letter vs Dispute Credit Reports?

Hi,
I am going through my credit report & wondering if I should send individual GW letters or one letter to the credit bureaus to dispute my past due payments.  I am hoping that the loan companies/credit card companies will remove my past due payments.  Most of them were made after my sister died suddenly in fall of 2003.  Nothing is more than 30 days past due.
I have quite a few accounts with Capital One - if I send letters to companies, do I send one letter each for each Capital One account, or can one letter go regarding all my credit card accounts with Capital One?
I am hoping to refinance my house in the next couple of months so am trying to get "all my ducks in a row".  This board is very informative - just trying to take it all in.
Thanks!  Lynn
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Re: GW Letter vs Dispute Credit Reports?

Sounds like these are valid lates. You should try GW only.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+