Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Letters

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW Letters

Hello all, I am about to mail out two GW letters, one to a close auto loan account and one to my current mortgage account. I was just wondering if a few of you fantastic contributors out there could look them over and let me know if they look okay.

Thanks!

------------------------------
RICHARD xxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

FEBRUARY 27, 2008

TOYOTA MOTOR CREDIT
ATTN: CREDIT DEPARTMENT
PO BOX 8029
COCKEYSVILLE, MD 21030

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to you today in regards to a closed auto loan account (xxxxxxxxx) that my wife (xxxxxxxxxxx) and I had with you in 2006. The account was closed in November 2006 as a result of being paid off after an auto accident.

I am writing this letter in hopes that you would be willing to make a “goodwill” adjustment to your reporting to the three credit agencies and remove the 30 day late status that we had with September’s payment. The time period in which the late payment occurred was a chaotic one with us and our initial check was lost in the mail and then bounced due to unfortunate circumstances. We paid on time for the length of the account except for that one incident.

I am currently looking at getting a new vehicle and would like to obtain the best interest rate possible and if you would be kind enough to remove this item from our credit records we would be really grateful.

Sincerely,

Richard x. xxxxxx
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RICHARD xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

FEBRUARY 27, 2008

WELLS FARGO HOME MORTGAGE
ATTN: CREDIT DEPARTMENT
7495 NEW HORIZON WAY
FREDERICK, MD 21703

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to you today in regards to a our home mortgage account (xxxxxxxxxx) that my wife (xxxxxxxxxxxxx) and I have with you.

I am writing this letter in hopes that you would be willing to make a “goodwill” adjustment to your reporting to the three credit agencies and remove the 30 day late status that we had with August’s payment in 2007.

The whole issue was a result of Augusts payment getting lost in the mail (Mailed 7/23/2007). Unfortunately the timeframe was chaotic for us and it came to my attention early September. I scheduled an electronic payment online for both Augusts and September’s payments on September 11th, which was also the date that my check was finally received and processed for Augusts payment.

I am trying to clean everything up and get everything back on track which is why I am writting this letter to you today. Lacey and I would greatly appreciate it if you could remove this unfortunate incident off our credit records. We have been happy with your service and support thus far and look forward to the years ahead of having you as our mortgage lender.

Sincerely,

Richard x. xxxxxxx
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW Letters

Anybody? I'd like to get these out first thing tomorrow.
Thanks!
Message 2 of 4
danikasmom
Regular Contributor

I would say they are ok.  Make sure that in the first one, for the auto loan, you are specific about the year as well as the month. 
Have you read some of the GW example letters on here?  They have some pretty good ones.  Don't get too discouraged if you are shot down the first time or even second or third.  For some, evidently it takes a few letters to get them removed. 
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - I am sending out the first letters today, wish me luck
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.