cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Letters

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Gosh, you know what sounds like a good idea...

I think another reason it might not be good to have a list is that if the company were to go browzing the internet, they might find this forum, and wonder why their name is on a list, and maybe that might have other reprocussions
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

ALEXREDD wrote:
A while ago I suggested an ongoing post about which companies have given GW love but was quickly shot down.  I think if I came from one of the "stars" on the board it would have happened. 

I mean, it is fun to hear everyone's war stories, but a post listing GW love (and no love) companies would be very helpful.  If I start it, it'll get shut down, but I bet one of the "stars" could get it started.   Takers?

*** There are no stars on this board, we are all people who have a glimmer of hope that something that they read will help someone else.  As you know, now that the board is all mixed up with separate sections, most of us, I know I do, mostly read the posts in the General Issues section because most of my stuff is not related to credit cards, loans or understanding the fico scoring systems, but the basic stuff like getting started, help me, and so forth.  I think what you suggest is an excellent idea and I would be willing to post information on the companies that I have had success with along with contact numbers and names.  I just faxed the CEO of JcPenneys yesterday as well as emailed West Asset Management.  I have received some no's like one mortgage company that sucked the first time I was late and they still suck after I sent gw letter.***    I hope that you won't allow yourself to be offended that it was overlooked because it has happened to all of us, but ok, maybe no one was versed in the area where a question was raised.  I have deleted several posts because of no comment or response but ok whatever, I will get it answered one way or another.  Okay?  Keep your head up, its what's happening now that your idea will work for all of us that matters.*****
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

You know, I was on some other forums just yesterday and I don't think that they care one way or another if the creditor sees their info plastered.  This could essentially help the creditor improve their quality of customer service to its customers, let them read positive and negative kudos and hopefully open their eyes to the fact that we are their bread and butter and no it is not their fault that we make mistakes, but that forgiveness is so freeing and deliberate and that the persons receiving the forgiveness will be the best word of mouth business that they will ever receive.

Message 13 of 16
Gigi77
Valued Member

Re: GW Letters

I am SO glad to hear HSBC said yes to your GW. I litterally have the worst credit repair story. I just found this board, but this happened in March:

Last winter I was having finacial problems because I was supporting a sick family member. In December, paid my HSBC auto loan and 3 of my credit cards late (30 days). I paid HSBC on the 30th day online.. thinking I could sneak it in. Didnt work. In March I called them about it, asking them to take it off my report because I had paid on the 30th day. BIG mistake... the customer rep told me he would investigate it and send a follow up letter. The following month I see 4 ADDITIONAL 30 day late payments (5total) for HSBC showing on my CR going back the entire year.

I freaked- this couldnt be right! I checked my online bill pay report and I was within the grace period, but at times making only partial (at least half) payments, so HSBC never reported the payments as late since I always tried to pay something! I called back and explained my situation but the rep said they couldnt change it cause it would be "fraud" because I was late.. and they couldnt erase it in thier system. Hey said that the originally reported them as current by mistake and once they investigated and corected the mistake they could not legally go back and change it. I discovered this site last month and sent them a GW last week. I PRAY it works. I also sent one to each of late cc's.

BTW- my scores are now: TU-618; EX-579; EQ-644

EX hates me- they show old closed accounts (with NO LATES in 7 years) as open and delinquent and BOA keeps reporting an old cc- which was included in 2000 BK but NEVER late as a new delinquent account EVERY MONTH and EX is the only CRA to not notice the BOA account is closed and included in BK. (PS- I had a VERY bad BK lawyer who told me to just throw everything in there- even though I was ok with most of my CCds - I had really good cards in college too! I was 22 and naive and my baddies were mostly student loans and a really expensive car a couldnt afford. I also had a pending civil action - very long story)
Turning things around..
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

rifleman wrote:
I think another reason it might not be good to have a list is that if the company were to go browzing the internet, they might find this forum, and wonder why their name is on a list, and maybe that might have other reprocussions

Well, their names are already littered throughout the forums anyway...

Plus if we really thought it was a problem we could also do things like "CpOne" and "JayCeePen".
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW Letters

rifleman wrote:
how many times have you written letters after they say no?

HSBC gave me a "yes" yesterday.

AES gave me a "no"
ACS gave me a "no"

What do you do after you're denied GW? Please share stories!

Hey RifleMan...

where did you send your GW letter for HSBC?  was it for a cc or auto loan?

thanks!
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.