Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Ltr to Student Loan Company

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW Ltr to Student Loan Company

I had student loans.  I tried to take out loans each semester from the same bank so that they'd all be with one lender when it was complete.  When school was done, I couldn't find a job immediately, did the stupid thing and let them default.  Then they were transferred not once, but twice to two more lenders and now finally, they're all consolidated under one lender.  However, they're all reporting 4 times on my report.

I have read on here that most of the time it's not much use on student loans, but since I have consolidated these loans and am making payments to one lender and have never been late since the consolidation (10/06), would a GW letter be effective in removing the other 3 lenders? 

One is showing "transferred to another lender", another is showing as "debt being paid through insurance" (even though it's not cause it's consolidated), and the third is showing as "account closed, paid" (which is what I want all three of them to report as).  I applied for a mortgage the other day and the lady I spoke with said some of the stuff on my report she has *never* seen before and I know she has worked with Countrywide for a very long time, because I work in a foreclosure law firm (for the last 5 years) and she's one of my client's.

Because of these student loans I have something like 22 negative accounts on Equifax, and a whopping 45 on Experian, TU I have to call because they have my account online locked for some reason.

Any help or advice is appreciated.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW Ltr to Student Loan Company

I'm sorry, but shamelessly bumping this thread.  The student loans are my *biggest* negatives even though they're now consolidated and paid/never late.

Thanks!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.