Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Response from Chase - Next Steps?

tag
swk215
Established Member

GW Response from Chase - Next Steps?

Hi All-

I just got the following response from Chase regarding a GW that I sent them a few weeks ago, and I'm not sure what to do next.

Thank you for your recent inquiry in which you asked that we research information reported to the credit bureaus for this account.

We have completed our research for your request and, as a result of our investigation, we are unable to remove the late payment information reporting on your credit bureau report for these accounts.  A delinquency is reported to the credit bureaus when two consecutive payments are missed.

To preserve the integrity of the credit bureau reporting system, we are unable to alter valid information reporting to the bureaus.  We cannot change information unless it is reported in error.

If you have any questions or we can be of further assistance, please call us at the toll-free number noted above.  We're here 24 hours a day for your convenience.

The letter comes from a Financial Service Advisor in the Consumer Dispute Verifications department.  Should I write another letter directly to her?  Send a new one to the customer service department and hope that it gets to someone new?  I'm new to this and any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: GW Response from Chase - Next Steps?

for the cost of a stamp, I'd send it again to see what happens.
Message 2 of 4
y0rascal
Regular Contributor

well you might want to post your GW letter... and do not ask them to research it i GW chase and they just deleted my account from the CRA for inactivity(it was closed).. so is this account closed???

Message 3 of 4
swk215
Established Member

Thanks for your responses.  I'm posting the GW letter I sent below -- I definitely didn't dispute or ask them to research the accounts, as you'll see.  I guess I'm just wondering if I should re-send this / a similar letter, or if I should respond directly to the automated letter that I got and to the CSR that I received it from.  Any thoughts are welcome.

To Whom it May Concern:

I am writing to see if Chase Bank would consider making a goodwill adjustment to the credit reporting bureaus on my closed accounts.

In the late part of 2006 and beginning half of 2007, I became quite ill, and, I now know foolishly, entrusted my partner at the time with our household finances.  As you know from your own accounts, our bills went unpaid for months and months, and most of my credit cards were sent to collections.  I managed to catch one Chase account before it was charged off, and have been paying on time diligently since then, as I always had previously.  I paid the charged off account in as prompt a manner as I was able.

I am asking if Chase Bank would remove the adverse late payment and settlement reporting from these accounts in reporting to the credit bureaus.  I know this is an abnormal request, especially as the accounts did become so delinquent, and one was settled for less than the full balance.  I am anxiously trying to work past a nightmare of a year, and rebuild my previously stable financial life.

Once I discovered the delinquencies and subsequent charge-offs, Chase always treated me with respect and was extremely generous with its settlement offer.  Regardless of your decision, I will always be grateful for the way I was treated during such a difficult and trying time, and do hope to re-establish my relationship with you in the future.

Yours hopefully,

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.