Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Result

tag
Minnie
Contributor

GW Result

I sent my first GW letter and was declined. It was a letter to a previous mortgage lender that had a couple of 30 days and a 60 day late from around 2 years ago (house has been sold since and loan paid off -- it was a house I owned with my ex-husband). In the response, the lender said my request to remove the delinquencies reported was "not favored," but that, should I apply for credit, the bank would write a letter for me stating that I should be given credit from "any business", and that, should I apply for a mortgage with them in the future, the late payments "would not be held against me." I thought it was an odd response. It came for the VP of lending. Just wanted to share...has anyone had anything like this??
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ozgirl
Regular Contributor

Re: GW Result

I would try again--if they think you are a good business risk and are willing to state that in writing why not on a credit report!!!

Good luck
Message 2 of 3
Minnie
Contributor

Re: GW Result

Thanks -- I may do that. At least I have his letter to tote around with me! Believe me, though, those late payments are nearly the LEAST of my worries. I have many more recent issues...I'm just trying to work everything that is negative on my report. Good luck to all!!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.