Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Success...again!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW Success...again!

Either I am having a lot of luck with GW letters or TC is messing with me.  I sent out several letters and haven't had replies from any.  I posted a couple of days ago because my TC score went up 21 points and I noticed that 60 late was taken off of a school loan (that was the only difference on my report).  Today I updated again and my score was up another 47 points!!  A collection that I paid off in June is gone!!  I sent them a GW letter but wasn't counting on any success since it is already paid in full.  I just checked Scorewatch (I get it through EQ) and nothing has changed.  I am crossing my fingers that they will update the changes soon and that my GW letters really did work!  Wouldn't the CA have reported to all three?  Why is TU showing the changes and EQ not? 
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW Success...again!

Smiley Very Happy  Congrats... Way to go!!! 
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My TC usually shows change firt too.  I think it is because TC accurately shows credit reports and of course the scores there are driven by changes.  I see changes to my fico on SW about a week after they happen.
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good for you !Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow congrats!!

keep it up if there are anymore!

EQ seems to be extremely slow updating anything!
Message 5 of 15
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Awesome!
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My deleted CA brought my Fico up 33 points!
You will see it, just be patient!

Congrats!
Message 7 of 15
loudizzle
Established Member

bsf56  you sent gw letters to collection agency to remove the whole thing after it was paid correct? I am new and love this forum. I am sending out alot of letters this weekend.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did!  I figured that it would never hurt to try, and it worked.  It was a paid medical collection from a hospital bill (paid in full in June).  I sent them a version of the GW letter I found here and asked them to remove it since I did pay it in full and I gave them a big sob story to explain why it was in collection.

I still haven't received a letter and haven't had any changes on Scorewatch, but I pretended like I was going to dispute something with EQ and when I got to the list of debts (with all the boxes you have to check), it wasn't there!  Hopefully SW will update soon...I am SO ANXIOUS to see how much (and if) my score goes up.

Good luck!!! 
Message 9 of 15
loudizzle
Established Member

Any Chance you can tell me where you found the GW for a Collection? I have just found the one pertaining more to cc or auto loans.

thanks
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.