Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW TD Banknorth?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW TD Banknorth?

Hello all,

I've learned a lot from these boards over the past month or so, and finally have a question someone might be able to help me with. Has anyone had a positive experience with GW from TD Banknorth? I tried it to remove a single 30-day-late on an auto loan, and got a form letter back saying the info is correct, it can't be changed. All other payments, before and since, have been on time. Should I try PF or again with another letter in a few months? (The 30 day late was this past March.)

Thanks!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW TD Banknorth?

Bump
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

One last bump for the Saturday night crowd.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best advice for this situation I can think of is to keep that account scrupulously paid on time every time and send another GW letter in a month or so.  If they decline that one rinse and repeat every, or every other month or so.  Eventually your GW will get put on the desk of someone who actually has some good will and can make it go away.
The bad news is that they don't HAVE to make it go away.  So just keep the account clean and happy and keep trying.  The only thing you have to lose is the postage.

Van

(edited for typo)

Message Edited by Vanyel on 11-10-2007 07:02 PM
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Vanyel.  That's sort of what I was thinking.  This coming March, it will have been a year, so maybe they'll be ready to hear it then.  I've got several different addresses for them, so I can try shooting at different dartboards.  Of course, everything will be super clean till then.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.