cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW adj. made to 1 bureau, ask for other 2?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW adj. made to 1 bureau, ask for other 2?

Hey all.  If you have some goodwill success but they only report the adjustment to 1 credit bureau, is it a bad idea or an acceptable one to write them and ask for them to report it to the other 2?  I'm not sure if it would be considered "pushing your luck" and could be looked at negatively by the creditor, or perhaps they meant to report the adjustment to all 3 but only did 1.  I figured I could write them and first thank them for making the adjustment to the one bureau, then ask if they would mind reporting the same adjusted information to the other two.  I guess my fear would be them thinking I'm asking too much and switching back the original reported baddies.  Your thoughts anyone?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: GW adj. made to 1 bureau, ask for other 2?

How long has it been since the 1 CRA updated?  Keep in mind that the 3 major CRA's don't necessarily update at exactly the same time.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW adj. made to 1 bureau, ask for other 2?

I sent the GW letters in February and in March I saw that the baddies were gone from my report on one bureau.  On CK it says the last reported information was on 3/28/16 for the account in question so I'd guess that was the date that they made the adjustment.  I have a current account through the same lender that updates on the 17th of every month so I was part thinking that when the 17th came this month there was another chance info from the old account could have been updated.  No such luck yet. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.