Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW for BofA

tag
cec2417
Established Member

GW for BofA

Has anyone had any luck with BofA in regards to GW letters or phone calls? I have two old CC accounts from college that were actually MBNA cards.  Both these cards were sent to collections and have been paid off  for 4 years.  I tried calling BofA the other day about possibly getting the negatives removed from my account and the representative I spoke to on the phone acted like she had never heard of this before and said I would have to wait the 7 years for the account to fall off.  I have recently sent a GW letter to Capital One in reference to the same problem and am waiting for a response.  I have noticed a few others on the forums stating that when they called back and spoke to someone else or wrote a letter they got a positive response.  Anyone had any experience with BofA and if you did could you possibly provide a contact for phone or examples of what worked with them?  Thanks for the help. 
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW for BofA

I sent a GW letter to BofA a few weeks ago. I had a series of past dues on my MBNA card from sevearl years ago. I just got a reply letter yesterday and it basically said that can not delete anythng that I would have to wait 4 more years. Sucks! Only thing you can do from what I have seen on here is keep sending the GW letter over and over and hope that it ends up on a nice empathetic persons desk! Good luck! Keep me posted!
Message 2 of 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GW for BofA

Try PFB
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.