Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW for Collection Acct?

tag
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

GW for Collection Acct?

Does anyone know if GW letters work for Collection accounts? I have a couple of medical bills $200 and under. Didnt know if GW letters would be a good way of getting rid of them. Or if you know of anything else that would help, it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
PayYouNever
Frequent Contributor

Re: GW for Collection Acct?

Try to PFD for like 40 to 60% of the original bill. That's a little more realistic, and $80 to $120 should be doable.

But MAKE SURE you get the Deletion Letter in Writing from the CA, before you send a check (with a restrictive endorsement on it). That way it'll be like it never existed.
Message 2 of 9
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Ok now for my second question i am still new at this soooo! How do i right a GW letter and how do i make sure i get the deletion letter from the CA? After ive paid for 40-80%? HELP!
Message 3 of 9
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Ok now for my second question i am still new at this soooo! How do i right a GW letter and how do i make sure i get the deletion letter from the CA? After ive paid for 40-80%? HELP!
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you already paid the collection, then send a GW to the original creditor. Don't waste your time with the CA. If you haven't paid yet, then as posted above, send a PFD (pay for delete) letter. Two different things. Check on the most requested threads for example letters for both purposes.
Message 5 of 9
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

ok! i have not paid for the collections yet! so do i need to send a PFD to the CA? I read an example of the PFD posted it seems like thats what i need to do instead of a GW! Thanks!
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would send the PDF letter to the CA. But don't send any money to them until they send you letter stating that they will remove the account once it has been paid. I would also see who is reporting it on the credit report.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

what have you done with these accounts so far?? dispute,DV contact the OC????

What is your SOL?
more detailed SOL
Message 8 of 9
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

I have disputed them twice with Experian and everytime experian replies as collection remains! The only thing i have in my experian credit file is those two collections, nothing else. Thats why my score is so low, its at 550!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.