Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW ketter requesting lower %

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW ketter requesting lower %

I have a Chase credit card that is closed but am still making payments on.  I called to see if they would lower my % but they declined because the account is closed--at my request.  I then called and asked if they would reinstate my card, thinking that after a few months more of ontime payments I would request lower % again.  This time they said I would have to apply for a new credit card, which I don't want to do.  So I wrote a GW letter and asked them to lower my %.  My payments are $70 a month, but my interest is 29.99% so over $69 a month is interest!!!!!  That should be illegal.  Isn't that usery or something?  Anyone have any other suggestions?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW ketter requesting lower %

I would let the GW letter play out.  Then if you don't get your desired outcome...I would move to PFB. And write a heart felt letter to the CEO explaining how much financial hardship this is putting you under. Its worth a try!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you do a PFB letter?  Thanx.
Message 3 of 6
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

planetfeedback.com

But you had this same question on another thread the other day... did you check those reponses for suggestions?
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I took the suggestions I received from this board:  I called the credit card company, twice, and now I have written a letter.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.