Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW letter? How long does it take?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW letter? How long does it take?

How long does it usually take to hear back after sending a GW letter?  I'm sure it depends on who you are sending it to, but I wondered if it was something they responded promptly to?

I sent one to a CA for a medical collection, one to Direct Loans, and one to the state for a paid tax lien (wishful thinking!).  It's only been a little over a week but I'm just curious how long it was before everyone got responses from their GW's.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW letter? How long does it take?

I have only sent 1 GW and it took between 3 & 4 weeks to get a response.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some do not repond at all but you may see a change like I did.  Two of mine took about 3 weeks and one just a week.  Seems the ones that responded the fastest were the ones that said yes.  I had one that said please attach a copy of your credit report so we may review your history thought that was strange they should have my history.
Message 3 of 10
Mindnumb
New Contributor

Chase took 3 weeks for me (successful). Discover is 3 weeks and still not word.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

ruthie wrote:
Some do not repond at all but you may see a change like I did.  Two of mine took about 3 weeks and one just a week.  Seems the ones that responded the fastest were the ones that said yes.  I had one that said please attach a copy of your credit report so we may review your history thought that was strange they should have my history.

Ruthie, did you attach a copy of your credit report?  How did you handle that one?
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mindnumb wrote:

What address did you send to for Chase?
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok first thing in the morning after I let the dogs do there business I log on and what a wonderful surprise.  The GW I wrote that requested a copy of my credit report deleted all late payments I am starting to understand the mystery of all this credit stuff.  Score only went up 4 points but the fact that it is gone is good enough for me.  This was one that I got a No the first two times so do not give up.
Message 7 of 10
Mindnumb
New Contributor

What address did you send to for Chase?

Cardmember Service
P O Box 94014
Palatine, IL 60094-4014
Message 8 of 10
BBYGRL
Established Contributor

Mindnumb wrote:

Did you hear back from Discover?  What was the outcome?
10/08 - EX 795 / EQ 816 / TU 806
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Starting Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Current Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Goal Score (12/2010): TU-780, EQ-790

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 10
oogiemoo
Regular Contributor

I had sent Discover a GW asking them to delete my account with them. ( I had settled this account a few years ago for less than amount owed before I knew about PFDs) I got a response saying that it is reporting correctly so they weren't going to delete it. Since then I have sent another GW and will continue to do this every month for the next year and a half( that's when it's scheduled to come off my report) It took them about 2-3 weeks to reply. I haven't heard anything from the second GW yet but it's only been a week or so.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.