Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW letter - input please

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW letter - input please

I've changed it a bit, but most of it is from azsassycat (thanks btw Smiley Happy )
Please let me know if theres anything I should add, or even delete. Thanks!

Dear Sears/CBSD Representative,

I have been a Sears customer for many years. During that time, I have greatly enjoyed my experience with your company.

I am writing to see if you would be willing to make a "goodwill" adjustment to your reporting to the Transunion credit reporting agency.

Please let me stress that I am in NO WAY disputing this inquiry.

I would like you to consider removing a hard inquiry from my credit report. I hope that Sears/CBSD is willing to work with me on erasing this mark from my credit report.

Sears has been exceptional in my book and I highly recommend your line of credit cards to all my friends and relatives. I hope that you will deeply consider my request and I look forward to your reply.

Please remove this inquiry (also see enclosure)
Sears/CBSD
13200 Smith Rd

Inquiry type: individual
Date of Request: 10/11/2007
Transunion

Sincerely,

Name

Address

Phone number 867-5309

SSN# (<-- should I include this in the letter?)

Message Edited by Astrid on 11-06-2007 11:13 PM

Message Edited by Astrid on 11-06-2007 11:13 PM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW letter - input please

Hello,

Here is something i was messing with while i was waiting for stuff to download online.  I hope everything works out with whatever you decide to use!

Robo

First MI Last
Address
City, State Zip

Date (Month Day, Year)

SEARS
NationalAccountAuthorizationCenter
13200 Smith Road
Cleveland, OH44130

Regarding:  Account #  or SSN # (Not sure which # you should put here)

To Whom It May Concern,

I have been a Sears customer for many years and during this time I have had nothing but the best customer service and relations with your corporation.  I am writing to see if Sears would consider making a goodwill adjustment to their recent inquiry to my TransUnion credit report.  I am asking if Sears would remove the hard inquiry or if possible, change this inquiry to a soft inquiry, so that it will not affect my credit profile.  In no way am I disputing this inquiry but I do want to stress that there was definitely a communication gap when I received this inquiry on my credit report.

I understand this is a rather unusual request-particularly as we can always expect a hard inquiry when requesting a new line of credit.  Quite honestly, I was under the impression that my recent application would result in a soft inquiry and not a hard.  If I had a better understanding of the situation and knew I was going to get a hard inquiry, I would’ve politely refused, as I am still in the building process of improving my credit.  If Sears could help by having this inquiry removed from my credit report, this would help tremendously.

I hope what I ask is not too much to expect from an outstanding corporation like Sears.  Sears has been exceptional in my book in regards to customer service and relations and I highly recommend your products, services and credit to all my family and friends.  Regardless of your decision, please know that I thank you for your understanding and I will continue to do business with Sears on a regular basis.  I hope that you will deeply consider my request and I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

First MI Last
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW letter - input please

Thanks!
There are a lot of good add ons in your letter.
*off to rewrite letter*  Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.