Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW letter response, need advice!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW letter response, need advice!

hello all
was hoping some of you might have advice I can use...not sure if there is anything I can do at this point to get some late payments off my CRs
To make a long story short, In 2004/2005 was laid off 2x...had numerous lates on a car loan.  I recently wrote a GW letter to the bank and asked them if there was any way to remove late info they had reported.  I got a response back today stating that the only way they could 'correct a history of payments is when the history is not accurate.  If it is not accurate, show us the error and we will make corrections'.
Is there anything I can do with this via dispute to the bureaus??  What would you guys recommend?  Perhaps there is nothing more I can do?
Please advise...any help is appreciated!
Thank you!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GW letter response, need advice!

FRF, keep trying. Try a different person in a different department. Some say to wait 60 days or so, before doing it again.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW letter response, need advice!

Yes, definitely keep trying. I had to try 4 times before I got results, and I made mine good and sappy. I even put in there that I knew that they had no obligation to remove it but that it would help me immensely if they did, and after a few tries, they did it? Their first response will almost always be no, but keep at it. All it costs is a stamp. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.