cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW letter - send to whom?

tag

GW letter - send to whom?

I have a collection on my record from a few years back. Traffic ticket, went to collection 9/05, paid in full 1/06. The original lender is a district court,  collection agency Alliance One.

Its still listed on EX (not EQ or TU). I would like to write a GW letter to whomever to see if I can get it dropped. I actually think there's a good chance the court would pull it out of collection status if they were able - as a prosecuting attorney I see people successfully asking the court to do that all time. That is usually an active collection and they are asking that it be pulled out so they can pay the court directly.

Question - who should I write the GW to - the court? Alliance? Both? I assume it would be wasted on Alliance, but I think a judge or magistrate, if they have the authority, might well grant my request under the circumstances (failed to pay due to extremely busy time in my life - finishing law school, studying for the Bar at that time, slipped my mind, did end up paying in full, member of the local Bar in good standing 2+ years, no other similar issues with court). Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.