Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW letter to OC? or CA?

tag
Von7
Established Member

GW letter to OC? or CA?

I had a collection in 2002 that was paid in full that year.  I have been trying to GW Comcast for a month now.  I had written a letter to the Virginia office with no response.  I emailed a VP over the weekend after I did some research on their website.  Someone from his office called back and told me that since the records were so old they have been archived and to contact the collection agency (CMI) to have them take care of this. 
Overall question - Who should take care of the problem of having the collection removed from my reports?  Is it Comcast or the collection agency CMI?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
tryingtogetitrightnow
Regular Contributor

Re: GW letter to OC? or CA?

If it's PIF, I'm pretty sure the CA won't be much help when you call them. Have you called Comcast's Executive Customer Service?

Starting Scores:10/09/13 EX ???; EQ 661; TU 668
Current Scores: 11/23/13 EX 655; EQ 679; TU 705
Goal Scores:700+ for all
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
Von7
Established Member

I emailed my GW letter to Rick Germano - SVP Customer Operations with Comcast and Mr. Roberts within his office called me later that Saturday.
Mr. Roberts is the gentleman who said that the CA probably takes care of this problem.
Message 3 of 7
Von7
Established Member

So if the GW email to the collection agency doesn't work...talk to Comcast again?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Von, if the OC still owns the account, and if the CA is the one who put the collection on your CR, then the OC needs to contact the CA and instruct them to have it removed.

That's how I had 3 collections removed from my CR. In fact, the CA said they don't have the authority to remove it. The OC has to instruct them to delete it from your file.

Hope that helps
Message 5 of 7
tryingtogetitrightnow
Regular Contributor

Exactly as Sylvia said. Talking to the CA will be a waste of time. Also, talking to Comcast CSR was a waste of time. A rep told me his supervisor would call me back when I asked to talk to her. She called back two days later and left a message with their general 800 number and her first name and said any rep could help me.

However, when I called the Executive CSR #, the lady was very nice and said she'd investigate and get back to me that day. That was last Wednesday. I haven't heard from her yet, so I left a message for her this morning. I'll let you know what happens. By the way, mine was for a cable box that I returned late.

Starting Scores:10/09/13 EX ???; EQ 661; TU 668
Current Scores: 11/23/13 EX 655; EQ 679; TU 705
Goal Scores:700+ for all
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
Von7
Established Member

Thanks Sylviatob it does.  I thought that was correct but didn't want to argue with the nice Mr. Roberts.  I'll call him back later tonight.

Tryingtogetitrightnow - My roommate left me with her half of the bills when I couldn't handle it.  Witch!  Please share your executive phone number if it works out for you.

Thanks for your help guys.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.