Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW letter to mortgage company

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW letter to mortgage company

I have had problems in the last 2 years making my mortgage payments on time.  I am now trying to clean up my credit.  In the last six months I have made all of my payments on time.  And I was wondering if enough time has passed to send a GW letter to ask forgiveness and to get some of my late payments off.  Any advice?

Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW letter to mortgage company

it never hurts to try. there are some examples, but the best advice i've seen give is just be honest. don't try to bs, just explain the facts and express remorse and responsability. some have had success using planet feedback as well.

one thing i caution is don't get discouraged, it often takes several attempts. just send letters to anyone who has any authority to make the changes. good luck!
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW letter to mortgage company

It also makes a big difference if you were in constant contact with them.   I am glad to hear you are back on track-

700club_bound wrote:
I have had problems in the last 2 years making my mortgage payments on time.  I am now trying to clean up my credit.  In the last six months I have made all of my payments on time.  And I was wondering if enough time has passed to send a GW letter to ask forgiveness and to get some of my late payments off.  Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.