Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW letter

tag
maxq
Regular Contributor

GW letter

I sent in 2 GW letters already and they have already fixed a couple things! However, they did not totally fix my issues. Do I have to wait a certain amount of time to send in a new GW letter or can I just re-send anytime??

If I get this baddie fixed it will help my score. It does belong to me, well sorta, my ex-wife tried to hurt me on my credit, but I just need the proper information recorded on my CR. I just don't want to be a PITA by submitting multiple GW letters until they fix it.

thx

Message Edited by maxq on 01-15-2008 11:53 AM
Goal of 825+ Gardening since 05/05/2017
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW letter

Have you heard anything back from the OC?
What details about the TL can you share?

Message 2 of 7
maxq
Regular Contributor

Quick run down of the baddie:

I could go into everything but won't. Basically I was joint on an installment loan with my ex-wife who was supposed to pay for the loan. Well, needless to say she didn't. The account was opened in Nov/2001, the year we split.

SO this shows up on my CR as a bad debt/collection on EQ. TU doesn't show that. EX doesn't even have the loan on my CR. So I sent 2 GW letters to EQ and TU asking them to change the status and balance to reflect that I've paid the settlement in full and it should reflect zero. They somewhat did that.

EQ still shows the status as a Bad Debt/Collection. TU shows status as 60 days late.

Both have a zero balance and closed.

I wanted to try to get them to take out the 30 and 60 day late indications as well as change the status so I resent another GW. I have not seen anything yet nor have I done a pull yet on either one.

I'm hoping they at least change the status of the account.

This is my only baddie other than a BK from 99.

The sad part is I don't even remember signing for this loan. Let's just say I was under a lot of stress, mainly from her "issues". I just wanted to move on with my life. Sorry, rambling here.

So that's it for now. I'll let you know if there are updates to the baddie.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't waste time sending GW to the CRAs. No heart, no soul, no reflection.

Send GW to CAs or OCs.

With the CRAs, get "Joe Friday"--just the facts.

For anything paid, GW it. Opinions vary, but it's probably a good idea to wait 2 months between GW letters. Gives them 30 days or more to consider your request and respond.

Was your BK a BK7 or BK13?
Message 4 of 7
maxq
Regular Contributor

Talk about messing up. Here is the latest and greatest on my updated CR. I just did it today. Very upset because my wife and I just signed a contract last night on a house. Now they will pull my cr and see this crap!!!

I sent the 2 GW letters to TU and EQ. EX did not report this baddie.

Anyway, long story short they must have done something that triggered an investigation which led to them updating my CR incorrectly, again! I'm talking mainly about TU at this point. EQ does not look as bad. Although it still shows as a bad debt/collection.

The situation is I was joint on an installment. My ex decided to file bankruptcy and not pay for this loan. So it screwed me. I was NOT aware of it because she did it after our separation and eventual divorce. A couple years later I find out this loan has messed up my credit because I was joint.

They finally sent me something and said to contact them. I did and agreed upon a settlement amount. I paid that in full!

This account is from Americredit and was opened in Nov/2001. I did not pay the settlement until 2006.

TU is showing a balance and past due amount of $2,480.00. That should not be.

SO, my question is should I contact Americredit and get them to clear this up or what do I do now???!!!!

This probably won't be an issue with the mtg company BUT I want it cleared up on my CR.

BTW, my scores did drop and now I'm disappointed in the fact I was not very educated in CR and Scores until recently. I still hope my wife and I can get this house.

Help!! Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noah,

I have a ?...and I do not know how to quote on this board.  You said:
"For anything paid, GW it. Opinions vary, but it's probably a good idea to wait 2 months between GW letters. Gives them 30 days or more to consider your request and respond."

My question is after between the birth of our second and third child which was only 15 mos we went from a two income family with one child to a one income family w/ three kids and no health insurance.  This is the time on my DW's credit were items in her name only were not paid at all b/c they were unsecured and we had to worry about our house and car which luckily were not late.  After we got our tax return after the third child my DW made settlements with American General and Beneficial both for lesser amounts.  How would you go about a GW letter when there is not any good payment history after the screw up only before?  Would this even reasonable to consider sending them?  Thanks! 
Message 6 of 7
maxq
Regular Contributor

Ok, just got off the phone with Americredit AND TU.

AC informed me that I am in good standing and the account was paid as agreed. Should reflect the zero balance, zero past due and zero late. It should be shown as closed.

They also informed me I have rights and the CRA make plenty of mistakes. They should fix the issues you have as long as it's correct and you have proof either in writing or via the AC or OC. We have rights and if the CRA isn't doing something correctly you should report it until they get it fixed!

So I called TU and spoke to a gentleman there who seemed rather short with me. I spoke soft and calm. I explained my situation and he processed another dispute. I also gave him the company's name and phone number for use to rectify the situation. He seemed happy about that. I truly hope TU fixes this problem and makes it go away. It has become a thorn in my side.

I do feel better though after speaking with both the company and TU about my credit situation. Obviously they are not a mtg company but they thought I shouldn't have any problems in getting my mtg loan as long as I had documentation of the payoffs and could prove the validity of the situation. Which I can by the way.

So, just press on and call the company or the CRA to get your reports correct! If you don't take the time to pay attention and be responsible then how do you expect the lenders and CRA to do the same. Smiley Wink
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.