Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW letters for Paid CO

tag
MeganML84
Frequent Contributor

GW letters for Paid CO

Hey all,

I am getting ready to write GW letters to about 5-7 (I lost count) CA tomorrow and would like any and all advice. I have an example letter for a paid collection that I plan to use as a guide, but was just wondering if anyone else had any helpful hints/tips.

Also, should I try the GW with the OC first, or go right for the CA? These were all medical collections so they are all listed under CA, but I am thinking the Dr's might be more sympathetic. Any opinions?

Thanks in advance!

Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age. Nothing does - except wrinkles. It's true, some wines improve with age... but only if the grapes were good in the first place.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW letters for Paid CO

GW goes to anyone that is reporting
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

would you mind posting your gw letter.  i too am trying to gw a CA.
Message 3 of 10
MeganML84
Frequent Contributor

I haven't drafted it yet this morning, but I will post as soon as I do so that I can get any critique's ya'll are willing to give.
Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age. Nothing does - except wrinkles. It's true, some wines improve with age... but only if the grapes were good in the first place.
Message 4 of 10
MeganML84
Frequent Contributor

Here is my letter, please tell me what you all think!! (It was inspired by  GW letter from another poster)

September 20, 2007

CA

Address

Address

RE: Acct #

Dear Sir or Madam,

This letter is in regards to the above referenced account that was placed for collections with your agency on Date XX, 20XX by Original Creditor. I paid this account in full on Date XX. 20XX, and I am writing to see if you would be willing to make a positive adjustment on my credit reports by deleting this account from the three credit bureaus.

I understand people need to be held accountable for their mistakes and I agree with that entirely, but I would like to explain my situation at the time this account was sent to you for collections. I was 21-years old and going through a severe depression. The services that were provided to me from Original Creditor were a result of an injury I inflicted on myself as I did not want to live anymore. After that time period, I sought professional help for my depression, moved to South Carolina and tried to start fresh. I have since paid any medical bills from that time period and even got a new job.

Today I am the mother of a wonderful 8-month old little girl—she is the best blessing I could have ever asked for and the source of joy in my life. Her father and I would like to purchase a home for our family in the near future as he will be leaving for Iraq in December.  My collection with your agency, while paid, is having a negative impact on my credit reports and may prevent us from securing financing for this purchase. I am humbly asking you to please, please give me a second chance by deleting this account.

I have heard horror stories about collection agencies that will stop at nothing to collect a debt and I am so grateful I did not have an experience like that with Collection Agency. I appreciate that your company has always been courteous and respectful to me, and I appreciate your patience during that tumultuous period in my life. I have tried very hard to rectify the financial damage I did to myself during that time, and am sincerely asking Credit Agency to consider my request. Please let me know if you require any further information from me that would help in reaching a positive outcome. Thank you very much for taking the time to read my letter.

Sincerely,

Me

Address

Address

Obviously the circumstances causing my collection are not going to apply to everyone, but any thoughts or suggestions on how to improve my letter are greatly appreciated!

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

i think that is a great letter.  I will be using it today for a paid co that i have.  eq and tu removed it already but for some reason exp says that is verified.  thanks for the starting point to get this item removed. i have a question though, should you sign the letters that you send out.  I have been reading some things and it says to not sign and just print your name.  How does signing your name affect you, if any.
Message 6 of 10
MeganML84
Frequent Contributor

I have been told not to sign when sending a PFD because the CA can copy your signature and put it on things you never signed.

For a paid CO though I dont think it really matters, you already paid the debt...

Good luck with your deletions!
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That GW letter rocks the house! 

If any CAs are not moved by that letter, I'm convinced that the particular CA is evil. 
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi MeganML

Wht happened to ur GW to a CA? any gud news from ur side?
I have same situation with a CA planning to GWing .

Thanks & Regards
reddy

Message 9 of 10
MeganML84
Frequent Contributor

HI-ALL wrote:
 Hi MeganML

Wht happened to ur GW to a CA? any gud news from ur side?
I have same situation with a CA planning to GWing .

Thanks & Regards
reddy

Well, I have managed to get 4 out of 6 collections GWed off my reports. I am currently working on one, but the other I am going to have to wait on I think. I DV'd and it didn't quite work out the way I'd hoped, so I think I will have to wait until there is some turnover at the collection agency, haha.

Good luck on your letters.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.