Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW letters questions...HELP!

tag
tpayne105
New Contributor

GW letters questions...HELP!

First of all, the info on this site is AMAZING!  I just question as to why I haven't seen it before now...

My question is  I have several accounts that are just "sitting there" and either have been sold to collections agencies or have not been active and have no balance and some that do have a balance on them.  I want to write GW letters to see what they can do to remove them or update them regarding late payments that are currently showing. 

For those accounts who have inactive (no reporting since 2003/2004), should I just not send them a letter?  I do not want them to think "hey we need to make this account active and report again"....

Or should I go on and send the letter and see what happens?

Does any of that make sense?  I am trying to work on getting a mortgage here soon and want to "fix" as much as I can. 

I appreciate all of your help and advice.  Ya'll are awesome!!!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW letters questions...HELP!

Just an opinion, and others will jump in who are more knowlegible...
If there is still money owed, you might be better off with PFD ( Pay For Delete).  You might well stir up some interest from them in collecting from you, and if you don't want to make settlement, then....
Your question is a good one.
Message 2 of 4
sl
Established Contributor

If the accounts are in collection status and they have a balance due, I would write a PFD letter and if you get no respose do a DV letter.  For Those that have a zero balance or you are making payments on them, a GW letter would be a good option.  I would try these before applying for a mortage.

To date I have written three GW Letters and one PFD and waiting for the results.

Good luck.
Message 3 of 4
tpayne105
New Contributor

Thanks for your responses....great so far...anyone else with ideas???

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.